FOODSERVICE IN 2020: USDA predicts a downturn in appetite for foodservice
- CROSSCHECKING EASTERN AND WESTERN UNIVERSITIES STUDENTS FOOD CONSUMPTION ATTITUDES IN TURKEY. Sabbag, Cigdem; Mankan, Esra // International Journal of Academic Research;Mar2012, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p23
The traditional Anatolian food consumption attitude in Turkey is shifting to global trends which are dominated by fast foods. This change is more common among youngsters that triggers the prevalence of overweight and obesity as well as other health disorders. The study aims to evaluate the...
- It's a Small World After All. // Prepared Foods;Aug2008, Vol. 177 Issue 8, p23
A reprint of the article "It's a Small World After All," by Elizabeth Frazao, Birgit Meade and Anita Regmi, which appeared in the February 2008 issue of "AmberWaves," under the title "Converging Patterns in Global Food Consumption and Food Delivery Systems" is presented. The article reports that...
- Convenience, Accessibility, and the Demand for Fast Food. Jekanowski, Mark D.; Binkley, James K.; Eales, James // Journal of Agricultural & Resource Economics;2001, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p58
This study explores the growth in demand for fast food. A distinguishing characteristic of fast food is its convenience; in today's pervasive marketplace, consumers need not travel far to find a fast food outlet. This greater availability translates into a decrease in the full price of...
- Food Spending by U.S. Households Grew Steadily in the 1990's. // Family Economics & Nutrition Review;2001, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p68
Presents the findings of a survey on food spending by U.S. households in the 1990s. Comparison of household food spending between 1990 and 1998; Percentage of income spent on food as income rises; Households that experience the largest percentage increase in food spending.
- 1994 spending for food away from home outpaces food at home. Manchester, Alden; Clauson, Annette // FoodReview;May-Aug96, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p12
Reports on food spending in the United States, in 1994. Expenditures on food prepared outside the home; Per capita real food spending; Competition in the retail food market.
- Uptick in spending on meals out, says consumer report. // Caterer (2055-7817);04/17/2015, p7
The article discusses the Barclaycard Consumer Spending Report which reveals that British consumers are spending more on meals but spending less on average per meal for the period December 28, 2014 to March 28, 2015.
- Small rise in spending on food away from home in 2000. // Compensation & Working Conditions;May2002, pN.PAG
Reports on the increase in spending on food away from home in the U.S. in 2000. Data on the increase in food-away-from-home expenditures in 1999, 1998 and 1997; Overall spending on food in 2000; Expenditures on food at home.
- Working wives and food away from home: The Box-Cox double hurdle model. Yen, Steven T. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Nov93, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p884
Analyzes household expenditures on food away from home through generalized parametrization and distributed assumptions of Cragg's double-hurdle model. Effectiveness of model; Factors observed affecting consumption rates of food away from home.
- Grow the Market. // Greenhouse Management;Aug2013 Produce Grower, p32
The article reports on the decline in fruit and vegetable consumption in Western Europe and the U.S. in 2013. It states that such decline may be attributed to low incomes, price increases, and competition from processed goods. It mentions that farm produce growers should improve the way they...