KEEPING CUSTOMERS SATISFIED: Online student surveys put foodservice on right track
- Students say no to bland college food. Mullen, Rosalind // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/15/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4272/4273, p9
Reports on the attitude of students toward the quality of food being served at campus cafeterias in Great Britain according to a survey in 2003. Factors which affect the attitude of students towards food service; Decline in the use of university and college cafeterias; Preferences of students...
- FoodCapsule: THE RISE OF GRAB-AND-GO. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the growth of grab-and-go food service in the United States as of 1999, according to the `FoodService Director' New Business Survey. Percent increase in sales of grab-and-go food service in college campuses.
- SNACKING FORECAST. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;Jan2015, Vol. 114 Issue 1, p16
The article focuses on "The Big Picture" survey by the periodical "Foodservice Director" which found that college and university food-service operators perceived growth in snacking.
- COUNTER SERVICE. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/8/2013, Vol. 47 Issue 13, p8
The article presents results of a survey which states that majority college students uses on-campus food service facilities in 2012.
- 10 Ways to Boost Meal Plan Participation. Porter, H. David // Food Management;Jun2003, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p26
The meal plan program is very important for college campus dining services department. The article presents ten proven strategies for meal plan programs. Align dining services hours of operation with customer lifestyles. Make meal plans flexible and portable. Eliminate meal equivalencies. Add a...
- MARKET MATTERS. // FoodService Director;12/15/206, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p4
The article presents news briefs related to food service. Room service and cashless payment systems are gaining favor among hospitals that operate their own foodservice programs, according to the annual membership survey conducted by the National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management....
- College students demand 'organic' fare. York, Emily Bryson // Advertising Age;2/18/2008, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p10
The article examines the food service industry at universities and colleges. Increased demand from college students for healthier foods and foods that are locally produced has allowed smaller food service companies to obtain a larger share of the $5 billion college market. Companies are...
- Convenience, Value Trump Quality, Say College Kids. // FoodService Director;9/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p6
The article discusses the findings of the "College & University Consumer Trend Report," conducted by Technomic. It cites ways college and university foodservice directors attract student dinners such as providing high-quality, flavorful cuisine and a unique dining environment. Attributes that...
- Perception of International Students on Multiculturalism in Malaysian Universities. Pandian, Ambigapathy; Baboo, Shanthi Balraj; Mahfoodh, Omer Hassan Ali // Labyrinth: An International Refereed Journal of Postmodern Studi;Apr2013, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p194
The purpose of this study was to explore the perceptions of international students of the impact of multiculturalism at institutions of Malaysian higher education. Data were collected through employing questionnaires and focus-group interviews. The respondents in this study were all...