- In a Class by Itself. O'BRIEN, GEORGE // BusinessWest;5/19/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p6
The article focuses on the dining services program UMass Dining started at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. Topics include information on Ken Toong, director of Auxiliary Enterprises for the university, who is going to oversee the dining program, views of Garett DiStefano, director of...
- Best Renovation: The Blue Wall. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management Exclusive Insight;8/23/2015, p1
The article focuses on a renovation of the Blue Hall dining facility located at the Lincoln D. Murray Campus Center, University of Massachusetts-Amherst.
- BOOSTING SALES, CHECK AVERAGES: College foodcourts add Tyson's Sunset Strips. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the two United States universities that opened Tyson's Sunset Strips food service units in cash operations. University of Massachusetts in Amherst; University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point.
- Ken Toong: Unbridled Enthusiasm. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;5/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p42
The article offers a brief profile of Ken Toong, the director of Auxiliary Enterprises at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst, Massachusetts, who won the 2013 Silver Plate award.
- Students flock to Berkshire. // FoodService Director;12/15/206, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p4
The article reports on the reopening of the Berkshire Dining Commons at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst. Since the 800-seat dining commons reopened after a $13-million renovation, as many as 6,600 students have been flocking to the reimaged servery. In 25,000 square feet, the dining...
- The Shape of Things to Come? Rivard, Nicole // University Business;Apr2002, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p11
Reports on the undergraduate labor union formed by resident assistants (RA) at the University of Massachusetts Amherst on March 5, 2002. Reason behind the unionization of RA; Comments from Rich Hurd, professor of labor studies at Cornell University; Information on student labor issues in the...
- An academic look at homelessness. Cook, Stephanie // Christian Science Monitor;10/31/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 238, p15
Presents information on a class offered by the University of Massachusetts at Amherst in homelessness. Academic aspects of the course including the analysis of the socioeconomic origins of homelessness; Field trips in which students offer goods and services to the homeless; Origins of the...
- UMass-Amherst Hosts 15th Annual Culinary Conference. // Food Management;Jul2009, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p10
Information about several activities performed in the World Chef Culinary Conference held at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst campus on June 14-19, 2009 on higher education foodservice is presented. Activities include local farm tours, culinary lectures, and culinary competition. The...
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/07/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 19, p24
Presents news items related to food service in the United States as of May 7, 2001. Revision of standards to maintain the safety of beef in school cafeterias; Extension of the management contract of Aramark at the Las Vegas Convention Center; Success of the food testing event at the University...