SELF-SERVE AND TO-ORDER: Smoothies fill multiple WPI dayparts
- New center advances real-time computing. Hughes, David // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/19/1993, Vol. 138 Issue 16, p55
Examines real-time computer technology under development by the Center for High Performance Computing, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Marlborough, Mass., which is focused on `hard' real-time, distributed computing. Emphasis on dual-use technologies; Discussions of medical imaging applications...
- Future scientists. // Hispanic Times Magazine;Oct/Nov1993, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p24
Recounts the WPI Institute's summer program, Frontiers in Science, Mathematics and Engineering or Strive for College and Careers in Mathematics, Engineering and Science. High school seniors who participated; Professor Daniel G. Gibson III, discusses an electrophysiological recording system.
- Honeywell Sponsors WPI's New Fire Protection Engineering Facility Lab. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2010, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p43
The article reports on the institution of the Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) Fire Protection Engineering Lab facility by the WPI in partnership with Honeywell Life Safety.
- Firesafety design conference is seeking technical papers. // Professional Safety;Aug98, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the call for papers to be presented at the Worcester Polytechnic Institute's Second Conference on Firesafety Design in the 21st Century. When the conference is expected to take place in Worcester, Massachusetts; Focus of the conference; Suggested topics to be discussed at the...
- The wireless spectrum isn't full. Rowe, Martin // Test & Measurement World;Oct2010, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p21
The article reports on a research conducted by researchers at the Wireless Innovation lab at Worcester Polytechnic Institute on measuring spectrum utilization in Worcester, Massachusetts.
- WPI, Honeywell announce new fire protection engineering facility. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Oct2010, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p7
The article announces the establishment of Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI)'s Fire Protection Engineering Lab, a new fire protection engineering facility sponsored in part by Honeywell Life Safety in Massachusetts.
- ROBOTICS ENGINEERING PROGRAM RECEIVES ACCREDITATION. // Modern Machine Shop;Dec2011, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p42
The article announces Worcester Polytechnic Institute's bachelor's degree program in robotics engineering received accreditation from ABET, formerly known as the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, that is retroactive to October 2009.
- Moonraker robots dig for victory in lunar challenge. // New Scientist;10/24/2009, Vol. 204 Issue 2731, p21
The article announces that The Paul's Robotics team from Worcester Polytechnic Institute in Massachusetts has won the U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration's (NASA) third Regolith Excavation Challenge with its Moonraker robot that scooped up 440 kilograms of simulated lunar soil.
- 7th Annual International Workshop on Precision Indoor Personnel Location and Tracking Technology. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;8/1/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article offers information on the 7th Annual International Workshop on Precision Indoor Personnel Location and Tracking Technology of the Worcester Polytechnic Institute in Worcester, Massachusetts to be held from August 6, 2012 to August 7, 2012 in Massachusetts.