LIFELONG ARMY RESERVIST: Norton heading to Bosnia
- News Bites. // Chef Magazine;Jun2012, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p4
The article announces the induction of two new members to the Foodservice Consultants Society International's (FCSI's) Council of Fellows, namely Char Norton and Ruby Puckett.
- Food Safety Tops Wish List. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;1/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p58
The article discusses several food safety-equipment and technologies suggested by foodservice operators. Char Norton, vice president for foodservice consultant Romano Gatland, sees irradiation as the solution to the food-borne illness outbreak. Meanwhile, Walter Thurhofer, food and nutrition...
- Maintaining Self-Op Status. // FoodService Director;5/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p14
The article discusses the highlights of a regional meeting of the National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management (HFM) at Mass General Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts in 2008. Char Norton, executive success coach for Dean Miller Associates and a former food service operator and...
- The Brazilian military after the Cold War: In search of a mission. Hunter, Wendy // Studies in Comparative International Development;Winter94, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p31
Focuses on domestic and international changes affecting Brazil, and other countries in Latin America, which have brought into question the role which Brazil's armed forces should play in the future. Neoliberal economic reforms which threaten the military's previous role; Efforts to identify...
- Red Army blues. // Christian Science Monitor;3/12/97, Vol. 89 Issue 73, p20
Editorial. Comments on the sensitivity of defense as a subject in Russia. Information on the Red Army; Financing of soldiers in Russia; Humiliation of Russia's Army by Chechen militiamen.
- Foot soldiers and flyboys view Korea differently. Brady, James // Crain's New York Business;1/27/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p9
Focuses on the observations of the author on Korean army. Features observed in South Korean and North Korean Army; Difference between army of Iraq and Korea; Reason behind difference in opinion of a soldier and airplane pilot; Response of South Koreans towards general inspection team.
- Fort McCoy Equips, Trains Soldiers To Serve Wherever They are Needed. // Army Reserve Magazine;Summer2005, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p35
Presents information about Fort McCoy, an Army installation located in west-central Wisconsin.
- Military under a microscope. Murphy, Dan // Christian Science Monitor;12/01/99, Vol. 92 Issue 5, p6
Focuses on public criticism of Indonesia's military leaders and the deployment of troops to the Indonesian province Aceh where there is a growing separatist movement.
- More furtive enemies threaten US in new century. Brown, Justin // Christian Science Monitor;2/4/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 51, p2
Speculates the United States will need smarter and more mobile military forces in the 21st century. The changing nature of potential threats to the US.