COMMENCING FALL 2002: MARINES ISSUE NEW DEALS
- Randolph-Sheppard. // Army Lawyer;Jan2001, Issue 338, p92
Focuses on the decision of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia to implement the Randolph-Sheppard Act. Controversy over the dining facility contract at Fort Lee; Priority of blind vendors in cafeterias; Interest of National Institute for the Severely...
- UNDER CONTRACT. // Hill;12/21/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 146, p8
The article offers information on several U.S. government contracts as of December 21, 2012 including a $25,000-contract awarded by the ONE to Danny Wright for the construction of a fitness course for the naval base, the contract signed by the U.S. Marine Corps with Sierra Four Industries to...
- Commandant's legal assistance awards given. // Marines;Nov98, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p3
Lists the winners of the first Commandant of the United States (US) Marine Corps Awards for Legal Assistance for their initiative in providing fast, effective and implemented corps-wide initiatives. US Marine Corps Air Station in El Toro, California; US Marine Corps Base in Hawaii; US Marine...
- Get on my bus, recruit. Shearer, Tim // Marines;Nov99, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p18
Discusses the deployment of United States Marines recruits and depot personnel to the Marine Corps Logistics Base in Albany, Georgia to avoid Hurricane Floyd. Planning and preparation undertaken by the Marines; Basic daily routine for the recruits; Side effect of deployment; Training schedule...
- Recent Exercises Help Prepare Georgia Amateurs. Clark, Eugene C. // QST;Sep2013, Vol. 97 Issue 9, p78
The article reports that the Installation Emergency Manager (IEM), the U.S. Marine Corps Logistics Base in Albany, Georgia, contacted the Albany Amateur Radio Club to plan for Amateur Radio support for communication emergencies.
- The Future Maritime Prepositioning Force. Curatola, John M.; Bovey Jr., Robert // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Nov2001, Vol. 127 Issue 11, p87
Focuses on the warfare concept of the Marine Corps in the United States. Use of sea bases in facilitating operational functions and logistic support; Composition of the sea bases; Failure of the maritime prepositioning force to meet standards of the warfare concepts set by the Corps.
- Enemy Inside The Wire. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Sep2013, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p284
The article discusses an incident involving 15 Taliban members dressed as American soldiers who entered Camp Bastion in Afghanistan. It details the efforts of the insurgent to enter the U.S. base by cutting through a wire in the fence on September 14, 2012. An overview of the response of the...
- MILITARY BASES. // San Diego Business Journal;10/20/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 42, p20
A table is presented which ranks the seven U.S. military bases located in San Diego, California according to the total employees as of October 20, 2014 including the Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, and the U.S. Coast Guard Station.
- GAO conclude that contract foodservice can benefit military bases. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;9/10/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 37, p18
Focuses on the benefits of operating food services in military bases in the United States. Implications for the food management firms; Profitability of hiring outside contractors to manage branded foodservice operations; Reasons of the militaries for managing its own branded units.