Time to cash in on activism
- No shareholders on new-look board. Hasenfuss, Marc // Finance Week;11/1/2002, p19
Reports on the ouster of the Shareholders' Association from South Africa's Financial Markets Advisory Board (FMAB). Members of the FMAB; Need for a new FMAB board that reflects broader South African society; Denial that the Shareholders' Association is entitled to lifetime membership.
- 30 companies asked to find buyers. Anand, Vineeta // Pensions & Investments;12/09/96, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p8
Reports on the requests of the Investor's Rights Association of America (IRAA), that over 30 poorly performing companies place themselves on the market for sale. Who are included in the 30 companies; Reason for the request; Comments from Thomas E. Flanagan, IRAA president.
- Shareholder rights......what's it all about? Flanagan, Thomas E. // NACD Directorship;Oct94, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p4
Informs on shareholder rights. Measurement of management accountability; Changes in the shareholder rights movement; Formation of the Investors Rights Association of America; Functions of annual meetings. INSET: Shareholder proposals...here's what they're asking...
- CRACKING THE STOCKWHIP. Deans, Alan // Bulletin with Newsweek;05/29/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6276, p50
Reports on the reconvening of the Australian Shareholders' Association's (ASA) annual meeting. Goals of the ASA during its establishment in 1960; ASA membership; Controversies involving the ASA; Proposals to change the operation of ASA as an organization.
- Employee share schemes--a mixed blessing. Renton, Nick // IPA Review;1994, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p19
Focuses on the advantages and disadvantages of employee share ownership schemes in Australia. Different schemes that can be targeted at various groups; Special rules limiting the voting power of scheme share; Theory underlying the schemes; Australian Shareholders' Association; Australian...
- Share of the action. Deans, Alan // Bulletin with Newsweek;9/11/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6291, p17
Comments on the operations of the Australian Shareholders' Association. Internal pressures in the organization; Sharp decline in membership and subscription revenue; Proposed management structure to boost the organization's membership levels.
- Watching the watchdog. Deans, Alan // Bulletin with Newsweek;06/12/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6278, p16
Focuses on the involvement of executive Henry Bosch in resolving the disputes of executives at the Australian Shareholders' Association. Issues that Bosch will seek to address; Background of executive disputes.
- PRHTA members select four candidates for president-elect post. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;8/9/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 32, p26
Presents the nominations for presidency for the Puerto Rico Hotel & Tourism Association (PRHTA). List of the nominated members; Career background of the nominees; Schedule for the declaration of winner.
- PXI Systems Alliance Attracts New Members. // Instrumentation Newsletter;2002 4th Quarter, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p17
Reports on the growth of the PXI Systems Alliance. Number of member companies of the alliance; Enumeration of new members; Adoption of PXI in the industry.