ITV Digital foul was really Football League own-goal
- ITV DIGITAL DIVIDE. Boehm, Erich // Variety;10/29/2001, Vol. 384 Issue 11, p22
Explores the options which Carlton Communications company and Granada Media company, owners of the ITV Digital television channel in Great Britain, might use to save the channel. Media networks which held talks with ITV Digital; Suggestions on how to combine the programming of ITV Digital and...
- Granada, Carlton see merger plans progress. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;6/18/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 51, p9
Reports on the progress of the planned merger between Granada Media PLC and Carlton Communications PLC in London, England. Disclosure on the amount involved in the merger; Suggestion of the Competition Commission on the merger; Deadline for the competition inquiry into the merger.
- Carlton, Granada find new reason to ponder merger. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/4/2002, Vol. 373 Issue 36, p76
Reports the negotiation of Granada and Carlton Communications for merger of the companies in London, England. Significance of mergers for the companies; Financial status of the companies; Rationale of the merger negotiation.
- STRATEGIC CUTBACK. Boehm, Erich // Daily Variety;04/11/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 31, p9
Reports that ITV network companies Carlton and Granada are cutting the $435 million annual budget spent on driving up subscriptions and subsidizing set-top boxes for their digital terrestrial television platform ONdigital. Major change in strategy; ONdigital's priority to reduce churn.
- One Web for Carlton, Granada. Turner, Mimi // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;01/30/2001, Vol. 366 Issue 38, p57
Reports that Granada Media and Carlton Communications, the leading shareholders of Great Britain-based ITV, are proposing to unite their Web brands under the banner itv.co.uk. Rationale for the creation of a single portal; Lack of brand identity for the two firms.
- Granada sets review of ITV Digital. Andrews, Sam // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/6/2001, Vol. 370 Issue 39, p10
Reports on the instigation by Granada Media of a thorough review of the options open to ITV Digital, its digital terrestrial joint venture with Carlton Communications. Director requested to carry a survey on the loss-making operation; Statement released by British Sky Broadcasting chairman...
- Analyst: Rough Road road for ITV Digi. Andrews, Sam // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/5/2002, Vol. 372 Issue 22, p10
Reports on condition of the ITV Digital company owned by Granada and Carlton Communications. Options for company restructuring; Estimate costs for the closure of the company; Effect of the restructuring of the company.
- CARLTON'S CASH DRAIN Defunct Digital still causes company losses. Johnson, Debra // Daily Variety;11/27/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 39, p4
Reports the financial performance of Carlton Communications PLC. Impact of the bankruptcy of ITV Digital on the company; Decline in revenue; Decrease in the market share of ITV.
- ITV Digital subs rise in qtr.. Andrews, Sam // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/30/2001, Vol. 370 Issue 34, p98
Focuses on the partnership between Carlton Communications and ITV Digital in London, England. Terms of the agreement; Demonstration on the strength of ITV brand; Citation of surge in subscribers.