What the hell are car ads driving at?
- Automotive News: digest. // Automotive News;11/16/1998, Vol. 73 Issue 5793, p20
Cites marketing developments concerning the United States automobile industry as of November 16, 1998. Includes Buick's creation of an advertising campaign for its Century automobile aimed at Hispanics; Ford's launch of a Spanish-language Web site; Acura's marketing of its TL sedan at malls,...
- Briefly. // Automotive News;9/29/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5733, p2
Presents items of interest in the automobile industry for September 29, 1997. The celebration for the 50th anniversary of the F-series truck by Ford Division; The reason Mercedes-Benz removed one of its television advertising commercials for its M-class sport utility vehicle; The tourist...
- How car agencies affected by shift to brand system. Halliday, Jean // Advertising Age;4/27/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 17, p34
Reports on how advertising agencies with national automobile accounts see strategy and creativity as the two areas most affected by the industry's move to brand management. Reasons why advertisers have a keener interest in advertising in the late 1990s.
- Saab embarks on drive to promote sports car model. Rosser, Michael // Precision Marketing;7/19/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p5
Focuses on the marketing campaign launched by Saab to promote its 9-3 sports saloon model in Great Britain, as of July 2002. Target market; Magazines featuring the campaign; Media components of the campaign.
- Interest rate hikes pave way for buyer's market. Serafin, Raymond; Johnson, Bradley // Advertising Age;4/17/1995, Vol. 66 Issue 16, p42
Focuses on the impact of interest rates on the automobile business in the United States. Car marketers' replacement of brand building advertising with sales promotions; Possible increase in leasing; Shifts in media tactics; Approximate number of vehicles sold in March 1995; Promotional...
- European importers picking up speed. Serafin, Raymond // Advertising Age;4/17/1995, Vol. 66 Issue 16, p42
Reports on the boom in the sales of European-made automobiles. Decision by European importers to overhaul marketing strategy; BMW of North America's and Volkswagen of America's decision to hire new advertising agencies; Competition for luxury brands from sport-utility vehicles.
- 3 free cars. // Automotive News;9/2/2013, Vol. 87 Issue 6584, p23
The article reports on an advertising pitch for 3 free cars.
- Toyota buys Hearst package. // Automotive News;3/26/2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5922, p18
Reports on marketing developments in the automobile industry as of March 26, 2001. Inclusion of Toyota Motor Sale U.S.A. Inc.'s purchase of an advertising insert in March 2001 issues of 'Popular Mechanics' and 'Good Housekeeping' magazines; Volvo Cars of North America Inc.'s promotion of its...
- Declarative statements. Serafin, Raymond // Automotive News;10/31/1994, Vol. 69 Issue 5576, p2i
Focuses on major automobile makers' advertising efforts to launch model 1995 automobiles. Marketing expenditures; Ford Contour/Mercury Mystique; Redesigned Geo Metro, Chevrolet Cavalier and Blazer; Chrysler Cirrus; Mitsubishi Eclipse; Toyota Avalon and Lexus LS 400; Mazda Protege; Subaru Legacy...