The cult of the manager and the rise of stupidity
- Nationalised industries in retrospect. Minkes, A.L. // Journal of General Management;Autumn85, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p29
The author of this research article dealt with the number of industries which were nationalized in Great Britain in the period 1945-50 including coal, electricity, gas, transport and in which form was that of the public corporation. The six reasons for nationalization were enumerated. The paper...
- Customer Focused Management and Corporate Performance: An International Marketing Perspective of Malaysian Businesses. Mohamed, Osman; Ahmed, Zafar U.; Annavarjula, Madan; Arifudin, Paisal; Yogarajah, Anusuya // American Business Review;Jun2002, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p95
Examines the relationship between the marketing management activities and marketing mix activities and its impact on corporate performance. Degree of the importance of marketing mix activities as perceived by firms across Malaysia; Perception of Malaysian firms that promotion mix variables are...
- In businesses, many perspectives are better than one. Durkin, Karen // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);3/29/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 13, pP22
The article discusses the value of diversity of thought in an organization, or the benefits to having several people focus on a business's shared vision.
- Newsbytes. Albertson, David // Employee Benefit News;Sep99, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p21
Presents news on human resources management systems (HRMS) in several companies in September 1999. Utilization of employee self-service human resource technology by the merged Budget Group Inc. and Ryder TRS; Features of Version 3.0 of ADP's HR/Perspective application; Finalization of the...
- Company news. // Credit Management;Mar1999, p17
Presents credit management-related news from companies in Great Britain, compiled as of March 1999. Includes the availability of American companies' statutory filed data through British business information provider, RM Online; Extension of Datapoint Consulting's service portfolio; Top ten...
- COMPANY NEWS SHORTS. // Credit Management;Jan2003, p18
Reports on developments related to credit management companies in Great Britain as of January 2003. Award received by Vilcol; Contract awarded to Swift Credit Services.
- COMPANY NEWS SHORTS. // Credit Management;Feb2003, p15
Reports on credit management news and developments related to different companies in Great Britain as of February 2003. Management buyout of Lancashire Dairies; State Industrial Products' selection of GETPAID Corp.'s receivable management software, GETPAID; Chris Booth's acquisition of the...
- Membership boost at BECA. // Marketing Event;Nov/Dec2000, p7
Reports on the increase in membership at the British Exhibition Contractors Association (BECA). Number of companies that recently joined BECA as of November 2000; Factors contributing to the increase in membership at BECA.
- HRM's full complement works better. Walsh, Jennie // People Management;07/23/98, Vol. 4 Issue 15, p14
Reports on the practice of using several human resources practices simultaneously by companies in Great Britain. Effects on productivity; Theory of complementarities.
- Poll Underscores Need for Crisis Management. // Gases & Welding Distributor;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the result of a study on the response of firms on the result of the attacks on September 11 in the U.S. Negative preparation of most firms on the attack; Percentage of firms claiming of preparedness; Conclusions in establishing cooperation between employees and employers.