Simply Television adds four channels to range
- Deals. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/6/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 14, p18
The article lists the selling of licensing rights and shares of stocks for the television station facilities which includes KTNC-TV, KMPH-CA and K59GS.
- Station switch in Miami costs peacock dearly. Davies, Jonathan // Hollywood Reporter;9/20/95, Vol. 339 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the effect of station switch in Miami, Florida. Trade of signals and dial position between WTVJ-TV and WIX-TV; Losses of WTVJ; Rankings.
- The winning hour. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/02/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 28, p21
Reports that Los Angeles, California-based television station KCOP's evening news program won a year 2001 Best Newscast Emmy award. Awards won by other television stations in the area.
- Seattle's kiro-tv tops Murrow Award winners. Catmull, Nancy // Broadcasting & Cable;03/27/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 13, p92
Reports that Seattle, Washington-based television station KIRO won a year 2000 Edward R. Murrow Award from the Radio Television News Directors Association. Background on the award.
- A vicious circle at channel 5. Keil, Beth Landman; Mitchell, Deborah // New York;03/09/98, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p9
Reports on the reaction of people in the newsroom at WNYW-Channel 5 to the decision made by the news director to only invite behind-the-scenes employees to the 1998 Inner Circle Dinner. Reasons Gail Yancosek made the decision; Comments from employees who work in the newsroom.
- FCC Lets More Stations Cash Out. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;12/24/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 52, p14
Reports the sale of wireless companies at no charge instead of returning television licenses to the government in the United States. Impact of the ruling on analog and digital television stations; Auction of television stations' spectrum by the Federal Communications Commission; Grant of free...
- Friend in need. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/25/99, Vol. 129 Issue 4, p130
Presents information on the awards given to television stations in the United States for their efforts in public service and public awareness. KMOL-TV in San Antonio, Texas for their extensive reporting on flood conditions in October 1998; WREG-TV in Memphis, Tennessee for their part in...
- Sweden's TV4 profits skyrocket in '94. Fuller, Chris // Variety;3/6/95, Vol. 358 Issue 5, p50
Reports on the 1994 financial performance of Swedish television channel, TV4.
- WNET cleans up at N.Y. Emmys. Bernstein, Paula // Variety;04/24/2000, Vol. 378 Issue 10, p65
Features public broadcaster WNET, which dominated the 43rd annual New York Emmy Awards in April 2000. Number of statuettes collected by WNET in the awards; Information on the recognition given to the company during the awards.