Daewoo calls pan-European pitch
- GM plan streamlines ad buying. // Automotive News;12/13/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5530, p6
Reports on General Motors Corp.'s consolidation of all its national broadcast and print media buying into two units. Marc Goldstein as head of the national broadcast unit; Karen Ritchie as head of the print unit; Membership in the GM media council; Unit headquarters.
- Olds to build up awareness before it spends ad dollars. Child, Charles // Automotive News;8/14/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5618, p51
Reports on Oldsmobile's decision to limit the upfront television campaigns for its 1996 and 1997 car models.
- The Next Big Thing. Parker, Kendra // American Demographics;Jan2000, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p38
Focuses on Saturn Corporation's strategies in competing with Japanese imports. Results of a survey on what Saturn customers want; Tactics in promoting Saturn's L-series automobiles; Total spending on advertising in 1999; Key to the company's success.
- Ad blitz spotlights new Olds models. Jackson, Kathy // Automotive News;4/14/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5708, p5
Focuses on the advertising campaign planned by General Motors for the Oldsmobile in 1997 in the United States. Products of focus; Rationale behind the advertising campaign; Sales outlook for the revamped Oldsmobile line-up; Plans for launching the 1998 Intrigue model.
- Sousaphone is sour; Saturn ad is sweet. Garfield, Bob // Automotive News;11/16/1998, Vol. 73 Issue 5793, p14
Focuses on advertisements for automobiles from Saturn Corp. Development of commercials by Publicis and Hal Riney; Advertisements as transcending mere brand image; Definition of brand meaning; Comparison between Saturn automobiles and Japanese automobiles.
- GM Taking Over Local Ad Funds. Sedgwick, David; Washington, Frank S. // Automotive News;12/7/1998, Vol. 73 Issue 5796, p1
Highlights the preparation of General Motors Corp. to take control of advertising funds allotted to its dealerships in the United States. Transfer of the money to regional directors; Proposal for the supplementation of the dealers' advertising budget; Appointment of a single agency to handle...
- Maximizing maxima. Rechtin, Mark // Automotive News;3/15/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5810, p18
Reports on General Motors Corp.'s advertising campaign to promote the United States launch of GM BuyPower, its Internet car-shopping service. Launching of the campaign during the broadcast of the 1999 Oscar Awards on March 21, 1999.
- GM keeps ad lead. // Automotive News;5/10/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5818, p3
Reports that General Motors Corp. has maintained its lead in advertising spending in the United States in 1998. Total advertising expenditure; Second-ranking of DaimlerChrysler AG in terms of advertising spending; Contact information.
- Oldsmobile ad agency feels the flames again. Halliday, Jean // Automotive News;7/29/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5671, p27
Reports on developments related to Oldsmobile's advertising agency Leo Burnett USA. Decline in sales of the automobile Oldsmobile Aurora; Management changes at Leo Burnett.