Survey shows support for charity deals
- Season of Giving. // Kids Tribute;Winter2003, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p12
Presents information on several charities that help less fortunate children around the world.
- Foundation forms new focus for grant giving. Santiago, Raquel // Crain's Cleveland Business;04/30/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p18
Reports that the William J. and Dorothy K. O'Neill Foundation of Cleveland, Ohio, has narrowed the focus of its general grant making to projects specifically designed to improve the business operations of grant seekers. Advantages of the narrowed scope of the foundation's awarding of grants;...
- Humanitarianism at home. // Hastings Center Report;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p3
Advises that on November 1, 1994 the humanitarian relief agency AmeriCares opened a free primary care clinic in Norwalk, Connecticut to serve under- or uninsured members of the community. The clinic's use of real-time teleconferencing to work with distant specialists; Number of patients treated...
- Giving. Kindsvater, Lisa // Las Vegas Business Press;02/09/98, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p16
Presents information on charitable institutions in Nevada. United Way's effort to meet and surpass its fundraising goals; Increased need for volunteers of the Catholic Charities; Activities of various charitable institutions.
- giving, great & small. Dean, Jimmy // Sarasota Magazine;2003-2004 Charity Register, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p28
Introduces the articles in the September 2003 published in the 'Sarasota Charity Register' magazine in Florida. Recognition of the Sarasota area that ranks among the highest in the nation for charitable giving; Showcase of several not-for-profit agencies; Profile of various philanthropist with...
- Instant Private Foundation. // Practical Accountant;Dec2001, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p23
Reports on Norwalk, Connecticut-based philanthropic services company Foundation Source's offering of ready-to-fund private charitable foundations.
- Expert Opinion. Gatenby, Bev // University of Auckland Business Review;Autumn2010, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p5
In this article the author reflects on the development of Trade Aid Inc. as a charitable organization which has reportedly been established by passionate leaders, growth and tenacity in Auckland, New Zealand. She notes the plan of Trade Aid to develop a workable ownership structure that reflects...
- Tarrant County's largest foundations. Rowe, Valerie E. // Fort Worth Business Press;03/24/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 48, p10
Presents a chart related to the largest foundations in Tarrant County, Texas ranked by market value of assets.
- Christian Charity Crowned UK's Best Small Company. // Challenge Newsline;May2008, Issue 605, p3
The article reports that Christians Against Poverty (CAP) is the recipient of the Best Small Company to Work For award of "The Sunday Times."
- Foundation Reaches Milestone. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/4/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p9
Reports that the Grand Rapids Community Foundation in Michigan has reached the $75 million mark in giving. Significance of the foundation's achievement; Total number of grants issued by the foundation since its establishment; Background on the establishment of the foundation.