ABTA to advertise benefits of agents
- IN BRIEF. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;12/9/2002, Issue 2543, p20
Reports developments related to the Association of British Travel Agents as of December 2002. Reduction of commissions to agents; Launch of a national print advertising campaign; Support for regional airport development.
- ABTA in push to increase confidence. Arnold, Matthew // Marketing (00253650);11/8/2001, p5
Reports the plans of the Association of British Travel Agents to create tourism advertising campaign. Budget for the campaign; Release of ABTA funds as investment for the campaign; Concerns regarding the value of advertising.
- Tackling the new fear of flying. Rogers, Daniel // Marketing (00253650);11/8/2001, p15
Focuses on the public relations campaign of the Association of British Travel Agents in Great Britain. Purpose to increase the number of flight bookings; Efforts to restore consumer confidence; Cost of the campaign.
- Agents' alarm at DIY sales stories. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;12/9/2002, Issue 2543, p21
Reports on the concern expressed by travel agents regarding split contracting in Great Britain. Portrayal of issue in national newspapers; Advertisement issued by the Association of British Travel Agents; Changes in the definition of package tours in the Package Travel Regulations.
- Agents call for advertising push. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;5/27/2002, Issue 2515, p9
Reports on the plan to launch an advertising campaign that highlights the advantages of booking through members of the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA). Rationale behind the advertising campaign; Concerns of the members of ABTA; Capital requirement for joining ABTA.
- COMMENTS OF THE WEEK. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;4/16/2015, Issue 3143, p26
Several letters to the editor is presented in response to articles in previous issues such as "Tiger Temple to lose its big cats" and "Victoria Bacon returns to Abta."
- OFT to advertise to highlight Abta code. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;11/18/2005, Issue 2691, p26
The article reports on the plan of the Office of Fair Trading to launch an advertising campaign to back its approval of the Association of British Travel Agents' code of conduct in Great Britain.
- PR push promised. Richardson, Dave // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;12/8/2006, Issue 2746, p20
The article reports on Association of British Travel Agents' (ABTA) promise to focus on renewed public relations (PR) to get its message reach the consumers. Agents expressed their worries about ABTA's focus on online booking and direct booking with rare mention of agents in the promotion...
- EMBARRASSED ABTA PULLS DIRECT-SELL AD. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;7/22/2005, Issue 2675, p1
Reports on the inclusion of a discount advertisement in the Association of British Travel Agents' (Abta) Internet site. Significance of the advertisement to travel agents; Statement of Abta president Martin Wellings on why such advertisement was allowed to be posted in the site; Assertion on the...