ASA considers sanctions against errant MG Rover
- MG revives sporty image in 4m pounds ads. Arnold, Matthew // Marketing (00253650);6/28/2001, p1
Reports the launching of the sponsorship and advertising campaign on the automobiles by MG Rover. Promotion of automobile models in the advertisement; Details on the used of media for advertising; Features of the car.
- M&C unveils Rover TV work. Tylee, John // Campaign (UK);7/20/2001, Issue 29, p6
Reports on the television advertising of MG Rover's car by M&C Saatchi in Great Britain. Possibilities in the phasing out of the Rover 25 model; Assertion on the return of big-budget TV advertising; Details on the advertising campaign.
- The old dog tries another new trick. Stones, John // Marketing Week;7/3/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p18
Comments on the decision of car maker MG Rover in Great Britain to switch from the traditional approach to car marketing, which is brand-building and television advertising, to price-led tactical promotions. Resignation of marketing director John Sanders; Concerns about the marketing abilities...
- media digest. // Automotive News Europe;8/27/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p19
Presents updates on the advertising campaigns of several automobile companies as of August 27, 2001. Launch of a co-branding campaign by Renault that will link its Twingo model to Perrier mineral water; Selection of the Leagas Delaney agency by Czech carmaker Skoda to handle the campaign for...
- Porter tune to relate substance over style in new MG Rover ad. Tylee, John // Campaign (UK);5/31/2002, Issue 21, p8
Focuses on the advertisement of MG Rover 75 model automobiles in Great Britain. Use of the songs written by Cole Porter; Creation of the campaign by M&C Saatchi; Target on drivers valuing substance.
- Rover e-task for M&C. Brabbs, Cordelia // Marketing (00253650);11/23/2000, p9
Reports on automobile manufacturer MG Rover's selection of its electronic commerce and relationship marketing accounts to M&C Saatchi. Agency's handling of the car maker's above-the-line advertising account in Great Britain.
- ASA supports controversial Peugeot ad. // Marketing Week;10/16/1997, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p10
Reports on the British Advertising Standards Authority's refusal to ban an advertisement for the Peugeot 106 Independence automobile showing a woman's tattooed midriff featuring the car model. Advertisements banned by the agency as of October 1997.
- MG Rover collapse wrecks plans for major direct blitz. Cubitt, Emily // Precision Marketing;4/15/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p1
Explains that the collapse of car manufacturer MG Rover has wrecked plans for its first direct marketing campaign in five years in Great Britain. Campaign would have exploited strong brand loyalty among British consumers; Corporate revival under proposed Chinese ownership; Advertising agencies...
- PRIVATE VIEW. Campbell, Robert // Campaign (UK);1/31/2003, Issue 5, p28
Presents author's views on advertising campaigns created by various advertising agencies for major brands as of March 2003. Features of the advertising campaign for automobile manufacturer MG Rover created by M&C Saatchi; Brief description of advertising commercial for British Board of Film...