TEXAS: No Recession Here
- SOUTH CAROLINA: Conflicting Numbers. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31325, p29
Focuses on sales tax collections of South Carolina as of February 14, 2002. Impact of spendings in December 2001 on tax collections; Difference between actual and estimated tax collections.
- TENNESSEE: Coming Up Short. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31325, p29
Focuses on sales tax collections of Tennessee as of February 14, 2002. Impact of spendings in December 2001 on tax collections; Difference between actual and estimated tax collections.
- Ignoring State Sales Tax. Blake, Kevin // Consumers' Research Magazine;Mar1999, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p38
Discusses the issue of state sales taxes. Discussion on the inability to collect taxes from Internet commerce; Comments from economist Austan Goolsbee.
- Sales tax receipts down 11%. Barton, Bob // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);1/13/2010, Vol. 106 Issue 41, p1D
The article reports on the 11% decrease in sales tax collections in Texas.
- Certain online services not taxable. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;5/1/2011, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p6
The article reports that sales of a taxpayer's online product that provides employment application collection and selection services through proprietary software to Massachusetts customers, are not subject to sales and use tax.
- Comptroller Susan Combs Delivers First Local Sales Tax Allocations of 2009. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);1/14/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p8
The article reports that comptroller Susan Combs declared the $1.86 billion collection increase in sales tax revenue in Texas on January 14, 2009.
- TEXAS: Sales Tax Take Cools Off. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/12/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33875, p7
The article informs increased sales tax revenues for the state of Texas as compared to the sales tax collections in 2012.
- Judge could decide the fate of Cook County, Ill., sales tax. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;09/08/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30473, p1
Focuses on a Cook County, Illinois Circuit Court ruling preventing the collection of sales taxes in Cook County, Illinois. Impact of ruling on Cook County, Illinois' municipal budget for 1998; Use of sales tax revenue as payments towards public safety funds and health budgets; Probability of...
- Hays County bounces back in retail sales. // Free Press (Buda, TX);10/20/2010, Vol. 107 Issue 29, p2A
The article reports on the increased sales tax collection filed by the integrated cities of Hays County, Texas led by Kyle and Dripping Springs in which it indicates that the retail sales are increasing.