COLORADO: Aquarium Woes
- One in four Romanian companies had to axe staff in 2013, study. // Regional Today;9/29/2014, p3
The article reports a survey by Ensight Management Consulting on Romanian companies that had to reduce their employee strength as a cost reduction measure.
- Elbow Beach Hotel. // CruiseGuide;10/26/2009, p9
The article reports on the lay off of about 160 employees from Elbow Beach Hotel in Bermuda Islands by the end of November 2009 as part of its cost-cutting activities in response to the global financial crisis.
- Cut Pay or Cut Back? Zingheim, Patricia; Schuster, Jay R. // Executive Excellence;Jan2002, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p16
Provides guidelines for companies at the point of choosing between layoffs or pay cuts. Options for cost reduction; Staffing strategy; Practical evaluation tool; Demonstration of care during growth and downsizing; Development of an action plan that accounts for realities.
- Electronics Maker FCI Pares 50 Cypress Jobs. Simons, Andrew // Orange County Business Journal;9/15/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 37, p3
Reports on the plan of FCI Electronics, part of France's Areva Group, to lay off 50 people at a research and development facility in Cypress, California as part of the company's cost cutting. Varieties of products produced by the company; Number of people employed in the company; Reason for the...
- Manufacturers try to balance cost cutting with growth plans. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;4/9/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p18
Reports the implications of investment in building network infrastructure in preparation for the release of multimedia products in the United States as of April 2001. Bases for the layoffs as an option for cost cutting by vendors of the products; Overview of the dismissal of employees in some...
- Calvert Technologies cuts costs, retrenches. Crompton, Kim // Journal of Business (10756124);8/16/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 17, pA5
Reports the cost cutting measures of Calvert Technologies Inc. in Washington. Retrenchment of workers; Reduction of overhead expenses; Creation of a creditor payoff plan.
- ILLINOIS: MetPier Cutting Staff 20%. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/18/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33219, p9
The article reports on the move of the Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority in Illinois to cut around 20 percent of their employees in November 2009. It notes that they need to trim a budget shortfall that estimate nearly 29 million dollars. It mentions that their layoffs and early...
- Novartis cuts staff to save $56M. P., SHANKAR // njbiz;4/26/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p8
The article reports on the plan of Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp. to downsize its workforce in its headquarters in East Hanover, New Jersey by 383 jobs to save 56 million U.S. dollars and as part of its restructuring and expansion plans.
- Accounting for Losses. VOLPE, MICHAEL // Orange County Business Journal;7/20/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 29, p21
The article informs that the biggest accounting firms in Orange County, California have shed workers amid nonexistent initial public offering and less demand for transaction business. Local employment at the 41 largest accounting firms have declined by 7.4%. Firms that have long relied on...