Bush Hands Out $902M in Emergency Relief
- Bush Signs $51.8B Emergency Funding Bill. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;9/12/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32215, p4
Reports on the approval of U.S. President George W. Bush of the legislation that provides emergency funding to aid the Gulf States in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Allocation of a part of the funding to the Federal Emergency Management Agency's disaster relief fund; Inclusion of a budget...
- Up in Flames. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;
The article reports on the wildfires that hit Southern California in October 2007. The fires killed at least seven people. They injured dozens of others. More than 1,600 homes were destroyed. About 500,000 people had to leave their neighborhoods for safer places. San Diego County suffered the...
- Remarks Following a Briefing on Flooding in the Midwest. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/23/2008, Vol. 44 Issue 24, p869
The article presents the text of a speech by U.S. President George W. Bush, delivered at the White House, Washington D.C. on June 17, 2008, in which he discussed the current flooding in the Midwest, the impact of the disaster on farmers and ranchers and the Disaster Relief Fund.
- Remarks to Reporters in Iowa City, Iowa. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/23/2008, Vol. 44 Issue 24, p885
The article presents the text of a speech by U.S. President George W. Bush, delivered in Iowa on June 19, 2008, in which he discussed the flooding in the state and the disaster relief money.
- President Signs Relief Package to Help Hurricane-Ravaged Florida. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;9/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31965, p40
Reports on President George W. Bush's signing into law an emergency relief legislation. Provisions of the law.
- In politics, what a difference a year makes. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);114/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 46, p11A
Comments on the changing fates of U.S. President George W. Bush. Failure of the government to deal with hurricane relief and raised the country's ability to respond to any security emergency; Political leadership of Bush; Proposal of Social Security reform.
- Remarks Following a Meeting With the Economic Policy Team. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;10/8/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 40, p1421
Presents the text of the remarks given by United States President George W. Bush on October 5, 2001, which deals with disaster relief for people in New York.
- Letter to the Speaker of the House of Representatives Requesting Funds for the Disaster Relief Program of the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;7/15/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 28, p1185
Presents the text of the letter given by U.S. President George W. Bush on July 12, 2002, to the Speaker of the House of Representatives requesting funds for the disaster relief program of the federal emergency management agency.
- The President's Radio Address. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;8/6/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 31, p1041
The article presents a speech by U.S. President George W. Bush, delivered at the White House, on August 3, 2007. He expresses grief over lives lost at the collapse of a bridge in Minneapolis, Minnesota, discusses federal funding for debris removal, restoration of traffic flow and the state's...