Investors: Calif. Must Rein in Costs Before Major Borrowing
- Underwriters Courting Retail for L.A. Schools, N.Y.C. GOs. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;2/18/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31574, p37
Reports that U.S. retail investors are being targeted by underwriters of the two mammoth deals as of February 18, 2003. Deal of Los Angeles Unified School District general obligation (GO) offering; Rating given to the school district's GO; Details of New York City GO deal; Plan of New York City...
- Retail Investors Share Blame for Losses, Say Pros. Lystra, Tony // On Wall Street;Jan2003, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p34
Reports that retail investors in the U.S. deserve their share of the blame for the stock crisis that eventually deteriorated into a rash of corporate scandals on Wall Street financial district in New York. Comments from Bill Mann of the 'Motley Fool' journal, about the issue.
- `Prudent investor' in the spotlight. Armour, John S. // CPA Journal;Jan1996, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p71
Presents guidelines for persons acting as the fiduciary of an estate or advising fiduciaries concerning legislative changes in some states within the United State. Effects of revision in rules. INSET: The new Prudent Investor Standards: Highlights for fiduciaries..
- First trillionaire looms on horizon. Rifkin, Jane M. // Diversity Suppliers & Business Magazine;Summer95, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p26
Focuses on Asian billionaires who are estimated to become trillionaires within their lifetimes. Brothers Richard and Victor Li's Hong Kong-based businesses; Net worth of Brunei's Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah; Wal-Mart Discount retail chain's Walton family as the world's second-richest family;...
- What angels want. Seglin, Jerry L. // Inc.;1998 State of Small Business, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p43
No abstract available.
- DATA POINTS. // National Real Estate Investor;May2003, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p2
Presents charts and graphs depicting real estate investors in the U.S. Decrease in rate of office market; Estimation of the equity market capital of the publicly traded investors; Percentage of the growth of hotel franchise fees.
- TOP 25 DIRECT LENDERS. // National Real Estate Investor;Jul2008, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p66
The article lists the top 25 direct lenders in the U.S. according to the "National Real Estate Investor's" eight annual ranking of leading commercial real estate companies including Bank of America, Wachovia and Deutsche Bank Commercial Real Estate.
- The Texas 100. Anderson, J.; Carroll, C. // Texas Monthly;Sep90, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p88
Briefly profiles the 100 richest people in Texas, from Henry Ross Perot to Pauline Gill Sullivan. How they got their wealth; Early lives; Minor details; Index. INSET: Tycoons in training.;Gone but not forgotten; When money talked....
- Investors Strategize During Slow Summer Days. Ferguson, Joy // High Yield Report;8/23/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 34, p1
Reports that investors in the United States are taking advantage of slow summer days to reevaluate their portfolios.
- How to keep your head when others are losing theirs. // USA Today Magazine;Dec95, Vol. 124 Issue 2607, p13
Reports that studies by economists and psychologist found that investors are most influenced by recent occurrences and ignore long-term investment and economic fundamentals. Have a plan; Stick to your investment approach.