Buffalo, N.Y., Faces $97 Million Hole; Vows Debt Service Won't Be Affected
- City taxpayers prepare for diet due to estimated $4B gap. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;05/24/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 21, p4
Reports on the statement by New York State Comptroller H. Carl McCall that the City of New York has a budget gap for the fiscal period that begins July 2002. Rise in city spending from 1997 to 2000; Needed spending reductions.
- N.Y. comptrollers warn of looming clouds on horizon. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;03/20/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30355, p1
Focuses on the warning by H. Carl McCall and Alan Hevesi, comptrollers of New York State and New York City, on the financial ramifications for the state and city in the wake of an economic downturn. State's failure to develop steps to counter the fiscal effects of market downturn; Estimated...
- Pataki, McCall silent on budget, taxes. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/11/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 43, p47A
Reports that both major party candidates Carl McCall and George Pataki for governors are silent on state budget. Reason for which both candidates are refusing to say anything about budget; Expected budget deficit; Explanation for budget deficit.
- Calling for new habits. Feiden, Doug; Mirabella, Alan // Crain's New York Business;12/13/93, Vol. 9 Issue 50, p6
Reports on the initial list of finance committee members for New York state comptroller H. Carl McCall's re-election campaign. Pledge to ban political contributions to state and local officials; Felix G. Rohatyn; Richard Jenrette; James E. Cayne; David C. Clapp.
- LI'$ fact$. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/18/96, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p1
Presents a quotation from New York State comptroller H. Carl McCall about the attitude of Long Island towards prospective investors.
- McCall talks budgets at Crain forum. // Crain's New York Business;3/3/97, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p36
Reports that H. Carl McCall, New York State Comptroller will be discussing the state and city budgets at a Crain's New York Business forum on March 12, 1997. Venue of the event which is co-sponsored by Chase Manhattan Bank and the New York City Partnership and Chamber of Commerce; Contact...
- N.Y. judge upholds H. Carl McCall's election as state comptroller. // Jet;5/31/93, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p11
Reports that a New York state judge has upheld the election of H. Carl McCall to fill the remainder of a term for state comptroller. Elected by Democrats in the New York State Legislature; First black to hold a statewide elective office; Election appealed by Republicans; More.
- Carl comes McCalling. Furman, Phyllis // Crain's New York Business;9/18/95, Vol. 11 Issue 38, p6
Reports that Carl McCall, who desires to be re-elected as comptroller of the state of New York, has organized a fund-raiser October 26, 1995.
- Comptrolling for dollars. Friedman, Roger D.; Landman, Beth // New York;10/30/95, Vol. 28 Issue 43, p23
Reports on the support of New York state Democrats for state Comptroller Carl McCall. Amount of money raised by McCall; McCall as the Democrat candidate against Governor George Pataki.