- STRANGE BUT TRUE. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;1/3/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p3
This article offers brief information on a frog species in Indonesia that grows only to the size of a pea.
- Pretty POISON. Lambeth, Ellen // Ranger Rick;Jan2007, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p7
The article presents information related to various species of frogs.
- A Ribbit-ing Display. Smith, Steph // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;9/13/2004, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p4
Presents information on different species of frogs. INSET: Fascinating Frogs.
- New Frog in Town. // Ranger Rick;Sep2012, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p13
The article presents information on how scientists discovered a species of frog living in Staten Island, New York City as of September 2012.
- New Frogs Found. // Australasian Science;Dec2011, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p13
The article reports on the discovery of new frog species called kutini boulder-frog or Cophixalus kulakula and golden-capped boulder-frog called Cophixalus pakayakulangun in the rainforest of Cape York in Queensland by Doctor Conrad Hoskin in 2011.
- A New Species of Giant Torrent Frog, Genus Megaelosia, from the Atlantic Rain Forest of Esp�rito Santo, Brazil (Amphibia: Leptodactylidae). Pombal Jr., Jos� P.; Prado, Gustavo M.; Canedo, Clarissa // Journal of Herpetology;Sep2003, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p453
Herein is described a new species of leptodactylid frog from Pedra Azul, Municipality of Domingos Martins, State of Esp�rito Santo, southeastern Brazil. The new species is a member of the genus Megaelosia, and is characterized by large size; fold of fifth toe not reaching outer metatarsal...
- Tiny Frog Makes a Big Splash. // Popular Mechanics;Apr2012, Vol. 189 Issue 4, p14
The article reports that biologist Chris Austin found a new species of frog, Paedophryne amauensis, under a bed of moist leaves in Papua New Guinea.
- Frogs of the World! // Scholastic News -- Edition 1;Apr2005, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p2
Features several species of frogs. South African Waxy monkey frog; American bullfrog; Blue Poison frog.
- Gold frog family. // Encyclopedia of Animals;2006, p1
There are only two species in the family of gold frogs. One is the gold frog of Brazil, which gives this family its common name, and the other is the Psyllophyrne didactyla, which may or may not also be golden. These two frogs are classified together in one small family because they are the...