Milwaukee Readies $183 Million Issuance for Schools
- Two Schools and a Jail. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31832, p27
Reports that voters across the state have approved a variety of bond issues including the multimillion bonds for the new elementary school in Tulsa's Union Public Schools district and for the new jail in Cherokee County.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Williamson, Richard; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31405, p31
Reports developments of bonds as of June 2002 in the U.S. Cancellation of program to wire public schools for broadband Internet connections; Ways to improve U.S. states financial position; Challenges of public school teachers on the raise of local tax.
- Dept. of Education Announces 4th Charter School Grant Competition. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;4/12/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32109, p4
Reports that the U.S. Department of Education has announced that it would hold its fourth grant competition to award an aid to charter schools and encourage bond issuance. Estimated amount the Agency will issue; Deadline of the applications for the Credit Enhancement for Charter School...
- Rangel, Johnson Reintroduce Bill. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;03/15/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31097, p6
Reports that legislators Charles Rangel and Nancy Johnson has reintroduced legislation to allow taxable tax-credit bonds to finance the construction and renovation of public schools in the United States.
- Public Facilities, Schools Drive Increase in Issuance. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;8/15/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31450, p25
Reports the increasing issuance of bonds among the public schools in the U.S. Improvement of the schools in the region; Acceleration of construction projects; Decline of the interest rates.
- Chicago's Education Continues. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31502, p1
Reports on the allocation of general obligation bonds for public schools in Chicago, Illinois. Description of the current interest-rate environment; Emergence of derivative products; Issuance of bond as variable rate.
- Missouri Probing Ex-St. Louis Mayor's Role in Bond Campaign. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/22/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31023, p6
Reports on the plan of Saint Louis Public Schools to sell general obligation bonds in Illinois. Structure of the bonds; Use of the proceeds from the bond sale.
- Detroit Public Schools Set to Sell $400 Million in GOs on Wednesday. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31495, p3
Reports on the issuance of general obligation bonds by the Detroit Public Schools in Detroit, Michigan. Amount of the bonds; Proceeds of the sale; Bond counsel of the sale.
- Detroit schools' reform. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;06/23/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30668, p1
Focuses on the impact of reform efforts for public schools in Detroit, Michigan on bond financing strategies in the city. Possibility of opening a new financing team; Trend prompted by the plans of Mayor Dennis Archer's Board of Education to run the school districts like a business.