Kearny, N.J., Shelves GO Deal Amid Onslaught of Bad News
- City's bond rating in jeopardy. Zwilling, James // Inside Tucson Business;5/31/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 48, p1
Forecasts the decline of the existing bond rating of the city of Tucson, Arizona and its implications for economic development. Existing credit rating; Revenue from taxation; Implications for increased interest rates on bonds and increased budget deficit.
- Moody's: Commonwealth budget deficits trigger negative outlook for credit. Albanese, Lorelei // Caribbean Business;9/30/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 41, p13
Reports on the negative outlook of Moody's Investors Service for Commonwealth bonds in Puerto Rico. Loan from the Government Development Bank to balance the budget and ensure repayment of outstanding tax and revenue anticipation notes; Scrutiny of bond rating services influenced by the negative...
- Fiji: Inaugural Foreign Bond Sale. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/11/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p12
The article reports on the sale of Fiji's first foreign bond worth US$150mn. The bond has a maturity date of September 2011. Fiji's foreign currency was rated by Standard &Poor's with a BB-, and also a BB- on its local currency. S&P also stated that Fiji's economy has a narrow base and suffers...
- Economist fears downgrading of UK credit rating. Phillips, Lucy // Public Finance;3/19/2010, p7
The article reports on the risks of receiving a downgraded credit rating due to the inability of the government to manage the public deficit in Great Britain.
- Staggering Indiana Steel Town Hit With Downgrade to Junk Bond Status. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31247, p4
Focuses on the downgrading of the issuer credit rating of East Chicago by Standard and Poor in Indiana. Influence of LTV Corp. and Ispat Inland Inc. on the economic condition of the city; Impact of LTV bankruptcy filings on city finances; Details on the general fund deficit of the city at the...
- Deficit Continues to Hound Tennessee as S&P Puts Debt on CreditWatch. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;05/08/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30886, p6
Reports that Tennessee lawmakers may be risking the state's triple-A credit rating by failing to come up with a permanent fix to its budget deficit. Failure to place the bonds on CreditWatch; State's use of Band-Aid methods to balance its budget.
- Raters confident D.C. will avoid fiscal 2000 deficit. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;01/10/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30804, p4
Focuses on favorable credit ratings for Washington, D.C. in the year 2000 brought by its capacity to avoid a fiscal budget deficit. Details of projected financial health of the city; Departmental shortfalls which are possible causes of a fiscal deficit.
- S&P Drops Sacramento Two Notches Over Budget Issues. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;6/24/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33137, p6
The article reports on the rating assigned by Standard & Poor's Corp. to Sacramento, California's budget issues. The agency downgraded the city's issuer credit rating to A-plus from AA and dropped the rating on its lease revenue bonds to A from AA-minus. According to the agency, Sacramento has a...
- Philippines: US$ Bonds Rising, For Now. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/17/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 38, p7
Reports on the increase in global bond rates issued by the Philippines, as of January 2005. Information on the credit downgrade given by credit agencies to the country; Estimated fiscal deficit of the country in 2004; Statement issued by Finance Secretary Juanita Amatong regarding the target...