Reform Brings Questions
- Maintenance of a hazard-free workplace. Hood, Michale A. // Orange County Business Journal;3/10/97, Vol. 20 Issue 10, pA-7
Identifies various legal requirements and suggestions for compliance to the Corporate Criminal Responsibility Act in the United States. Prevention of illness and injury and disclosure of hazardous conditions; Methods and procedures for timely correction of unsafe or unhealthy conditions. ...
- Audits and illegality under the Litigation Reform Act. Pitt, Harvey L.; Hardison, David B. // Corporate Board;May/Jun96, Vol. 17 Issue 98, p15
Discusses some of the provisions under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 in the United States. Reduction in the accounting litigation costs; Steps to be taken for the satisfaction of the law's requirements; Audit standards under Section 10A; Violations of the law and breaches...
- Legislating corporate social responsibility. Hemphill, Thomas A. // Business Horizons;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p53
Discusses about the legislative policy proposals that would offer corporations a variety of economic incentives for implementing business policies exhibit concern for the well being of the employees, communities, and society. Definition of corporate social responsibility; The A-Corp public...
- Biz bits. // American Printer;Oct96, Vol. 218 Issue 1, p20
Presents an excerpt from a `BusinessWeek' article on a draft United States legislation proposing the R corporations.
- New reform laws aimed at restoring investors confidence. Klopfer, Tibor // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/13/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p28
Reports on the creation of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 to restore investors' confidence on corporations in the U.S. Provisions of the act; Corporate governance and accountability reforms; Federal regulation of corporations.
- The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Boyle, Edwrad J.; Knopf, Fred N. // CPA Journal;Apr96, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p44
Presents an overview of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Summary of the reform act; History of the legislation; Specific provisions.
- Choosing the proper business entity. Egloff, John L. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/18/93, Vol. 14 Issue 29, The Law Journal p42
Provides insights on the selection of the form of legal entity in which a particular business will operate. Factors to consider; Sole proprietorship; Partnership; Requirements for establishing and maintaining a limited partnership; Establishment of a corporation as an `S' or a `C' corporation;...
- Bill limits liability regarding personnel files. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;10/30/95, Vol. 11 Issue 44, p4
Presents news updates related to corporate legislation in the United States. Includes implications of House Bill 5137 if passed by the United States Congress on the employer's immunity from civil liability upon disclosure of an employee's personnel file; Introduction of Senate bill 728 to...
- How far will lawyers go? Davis, Phillip M. // Design News;1/9/95, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p142
Discusses the effects of various legal actions on manufacturers. Details of some court cases against business corporations; Advice to manufacturers on how to deal with litigation. INSET: Legal questions..