N.Y. City, State Deals Help Drive Regional Volume Up
- Missouri Commission Selling $254 Million of Road Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/5/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31755, p4
Reports on the trading of state road revenue bonds by the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission. Bond prices; Maintenance of the coverage ratios; Allocation of budget for transportation projects.
- Court nixes Colorado's road plan. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;04/27/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30628, p1
Discusses the implication of the Colorado Supreme Court's rejection of a proposed $1.3-billion state transportation finance plan. Rationale behind the ruling; Creation of a multiyear debt under the state's constitution; Effects of the ruling on lease-backed municipal debt.
- South Carolina SIB expects high ratings for upcoming transportation deals. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;09/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30487, p8
Reports that the South Carolina State Infrastructure Bank Board expects high ratings for its planned $1.5 billion bonds intended for transportation projects. Description of projects to finance; Questions on possible tax hikes; Possible sources of debt service.
- Deal preview: Traders eagerly eye $150 million Florida deal. // Bond Buyer;09/25/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30238, p2
Anticipates a $150 million Florida transportation bond deal slated for October 1997. Proceeds from the competitive issue; Competition among bidders; Backing of transportation bonds by the state's credit.
- Arkansas May Break Tradition With Highway Bond Issue. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;10/13/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30498, p1
Focuses on the proposal by state leaders in Arkansas for voters to approve more than $1.8 billion of bonds for highway projects. Total amount of unfunded highway needs according to the Citizens Council on Highways and Transportation; Estimated spending over ten years for repairs on the state's...
- Florida to sell $200 million of DOT bonds. Laterman, Kaya // Bond Buyer;07/17/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30189, p2
Reports on the state of Florida's plans to sell $200 million of Department of Transportation right-of-way acquisition and bridge construction bonds.
- Wary Portfolio Managers Don't Hurt Northwest Airlines Deal. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;6/22/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31166, p6
Focuses on transportation-related bonds in the high-yield sector in the United States. Minneapolis-Saint Paul Metropolitan Airports Commission's issuance of nonrated special facility for Northwest Airlines; Portfolio managers' concern about airline-backed deals.
- Missouri democrats: $2B or not $2B for roads? Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/28/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30817, p36
Reports on the proposed $2 billion bonding plan for transportation projects in Missouri. Terms under the plan; Supporters of the plan.
- Debt Plan Grows. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/13/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33348, p9
The article reports that general obligation bond package proposal for the resolution of transportation problems has grown by 90 million dollars in Austin, Texas in 2010.