As Spreads Shrink, Bankers Look to Volume, Specialty Deals
- House GOP Drops Plan For Cap Hike. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;08/30/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30965, p1
Reports on the United States House Republican leaders' presentation of a compromise minimum wage package to the government. Acceleration of the increase in the private-activity bond volume cap; Passage of a minimum wage-related bill.
- Remuneration of a Receiver and Manager under Debenture. // Accountancy;Sep67, Vol. 78 Issue 889, p620
The article answers a question regarding the remuneration of a receiver and manager under the terms of a debenture secured by a floating charge. Debenture secured by a floating charge incorporates the terms of section 103 of the 1925 Law of Property Act in Great Britain. It states that the...
- FOMC's Interest Rate Hike, Labor Data Led to Rally and Drop in Yield Indexes. Albano, Christine; Johnston, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p5
Reports that the bond market rally over the first week of July 2004 was triggered by two major events in the U.S. Hike in interest rates implemented by the Federal Open Market Committee; Announcement by the Labor Department that there was an unexpectedly small rise in non-farm payrolls;...
- Short and Intermediate Munis Slip Due to Productivity Data Pressure. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/4/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32064, p2
The article reports that municipal bond prices in the short and intermediate range slipped yesterday, as productivity data pressured the market at the start of trading and many participants assumed a defensive stance ahead of a key January non-farm payrolls report due today. The monthly payrolls...
- International Insight. Belcsak, Hans P // Business Credit;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 102 Issue 7, p52
Discusses financial developments in Brazil as of July 2000. Appearance of Brazilian external bonds carrying lower yields than similar paper issued by Argentina and Colombia although the Brazilian IOU have inferior foreign debt ratings; Decline in interest rates; Brazilian Congress' approval of...
- Kansas City, Mo., Readies GOs as It Awaits Vote on a Key Earnings Tax. SHIELDS, YVETTE // Bond Buyer;3/2/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33475, p8
No abstract available.
- City Council must respond to wakeup call. // Inside Tucson Business;5/31/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 48, p4
Editorial. Comments on key issues relevant to the predictions about the decreasing bond rating in the city of Tucson, Arizona. Possible increase in the interest rates paid on bonds; Implications on economic development, wage levels, reserves and business conditions; Proposed creation of jobs to...
- House set to consider bond cap. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;11/3/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30761, p1
Focuses on United States House of Representatives' consideration of proposals to speed up the increase in the private-activity bond volume cap. Goal of raising the low-income housing tax credit limit; Uncertainty over the fate of two-bond related provisions in a minimum-wage increase bill.
- Turmoil over spending, tax plans may doom bond measures. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/20/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30751, p6
Focuses on the use of a minimum wage bill as a vehicle for bond proposals in the United States. Limitation of wage bills to the small-business-related tax cuts; Spending and tax plans of President Bill Clinton.