Already Late With This Year's Budget, California Is Looking Ahead to Next
- Do city officials finally see not much happening downtown? Emerine, Steve // Inside Tucson Business;6/16/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p19
The author reflects on the continued postponement by the Tucson government and its officials of the realization of projects intended to better serve every citizen in Arizona. He claims that the plans to purchase of Hotel Arizona next to the Tucson Convention Center, the construction of a giant...
- Current developments. // Consumer Policy Review;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p193
Presents an update on the initiatives by the government of Great Britain as of August 21, 2001. Details on health and safety initiatives; List of finance initiatives; Information on transport and public services efforts.
- COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY AND THE LOCAL BUDGETARY SYSTEM. Danzinger, James N. // Southern Review of Public Administration;Dec77, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p279
Discusses the effects and implications of applying computer technology to the budgetary systems of local governments. Needs of the budgetary system and the capabilities of computers; Background on the budget-making process; Computers and budgetary control; Effects of computer technology;...
- Harris County, Tex., Scraps $450M Bond Referendum. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/27/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32183, p35
Reports on the refusal of Harris County, Texas commissioners to call for a bond election for November 2005. Reason for opposing to the election; Composition of the bond package included in the general obligation authorization considered by the officials; Expectation of the officials for a...
- SYMPOSIUM INTRODUCTION. Cozzetto, Don A. // Journal of Public Budgeting, Accounting & Financial Management;Summer2001, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p194
Introduces a series of articles on budget execution in the public sector in the United States which appeared in the June 2001 issue of `Public Budgeting, Accounting and Financial Management' journal.
- No Free Lunch Online. Perlman, Ellen // Governing;Aug2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p28
Discusses the funding issue for Web-based constituent transactions of local and state governments in the U.S. in 2000. Reaction of motorists to the transaction fee charged by motor vehicle officials in Arizona for renewing vehicle registrations electronically; Funding methods used by some...
- Virginia's Diamond Dream. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31912, p1
Reports on the provisions of the revised financing plan of the Virginia Baseball Stadium Authority in Virginia. Involvement of tax-exempt bonds backed by tax revenue in the new plan; Role of the state of Virginia to rebate the income, sales and other taxes collected regarding the stadium;...
- FEDERAL FINANCE. // Economic Indicators;Jun2005, Vol. 110 Issue 6, p32
Presents graphs representing federal finance in the U.S. during the first eight months of 2005.
- City of Tucson's challenge: cut the budget. // Inside Tucson Business;6/1/2009, Vol. 18 Issue 53, p20
The author reflects on the issue of budget cuts faced by the city of Tucson in Arizona. He notes that the city is being challenged to become more efficient and reduce its planned $1.3 billion budget. He comments that the budget plan is another example of the continued lack of leadership being...