Tags: PAPER airplanes
- Which toy won't fly? Allen, Laura // Scholastic SuperScience;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p14
Presents instructions in the making of three types of airplanes particularly the loop, the ring wing and classic.
- Aero bat. Schmidt, Norman // Cricket;Nov98, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p28
Presents a detailed instruction on how to make paper airplanes. Materials needed; Directions.
- Fold and Fly. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;5/7/2012, Vol. 74 Issue 23/24, p2
The article offers information on a house-sized paper airplane, which was lifted by a helicopter and flew for about 10 seconds at a speed of up to 100 miles per hour before making a crash landing in the Arizona desert.
- Giant paper airplane. Gaffney, Timothy R. // Boys' Life;Dec93, Vol. 83 Issue 12, p16
Shows the world's largest paper airplane, exhibited at the Virginia Air and Space Center. It is one of two built by high school students in Hampton Roads, Virginia. Size; How far they glided; How the students' accomplishment is now in `The Guinness Book of Records.'
- Testing my wings. Hamburg, Emily // New Moon;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p46
Opinion. Looks at tests carried out by an 11 year old girl to see the effect of air pressure on paper airplanes. How airplanes fly; Instructions for making paper airplanes; Number of airplanes built for the tests; Results obtained from the test flights; Observations noted from the tests.
- GO FLY A PAPER AIRPLANE. Murphy, Patricia J. // Appleseeds;Dec2002, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p27
Lists steps in making a paper airplane. Things required for making a paper airplane; Illustrations of steps of the process of folding paper to make airplanes; Ways to make winglets, elevators and rudders in paper airplanes.
- Designers to test skills on `ultimate paper airplane' // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/17/95, Vol. 143 Issue 3, p33
Reports on the scheduled paper airplane contest, challenging US professional aircraft designers initiated by Bo `Bills' Rutherford, a nine-year-old student from Thousand Oaks, California. Competition hosted by McDonnell Douglas.
- Fly High. Sonnabend, Grace // New Moon;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p410
Discusses the similarity between a jet and a paper plane.
- Fly This Page. // National Geographic World;Mar2001, Issue 307, p32
Presents instruction on making a paper airplane. Glide ratio of the paper airplane.