Two families get jail terms for waste offences
- Cut Sentences Not Courses! // ConVerse;Jun2011, p3
The article discusses over the decision, made by Ministry of Justice of Great Britain, in bringing changes to the sentencing regime as an increase in the discount for the first guilty plea from a third to half and mixed reactions of public on it.
- Guilty plea. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;02/24/97, Vol. 238 Issue 8, p16
Reports on the guilty plea of Ruetgers-Nease Corp. with plant manager Noah Cope, and the Southside River Rall Corp., with employee Paul T. Owens before the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio in Cincinnati for violating the Clean Water Act.
- 2 pharmacy owners sentenced for fraud. Daks, Martin C. // njbiz;6/22/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p2
No abstract available.
- Pharmacist Jailed For Medicaid Fraud. // Insurance Advocate;3/22/2004, Vol. 115 Issue 11, p20
Reports that Steven Aberbach has been sentenced to state prison after his guilty plea to charges of Medicaid fraud in New Jersey.
- Six months for selling POMs. Davies, Isabel // Farmers Weekly;9/30/2005, Vol. 143 Issue 14, p7
Reports on the prison sentence to agricultural engineer and trader Robert Hughes for pleading guilty to the sale of prescription-only medicines and the importation of unauthorized veterinary medicines. Details of the case; Previous veterinary medicine offences committed by Hughes.
- NEVADA: Reno man pleads guilty to murder-for hire. // Gay & Lesbian Times;12/27/2007, Issue 1044, p27
The article reports on the admission of James Gau of Reno, Nevada that he asked an undercover detective to kill his wife who lives in Utah. Gau pleaded guilty in Washoe District Court to one count of solicitation to commit murder. He will face two to 15 years in prison during his sentencing in...
- WHAT IS A "LIFE SENTENCE"? // America;11/26/1938, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p182
The article comments on the decision of a court to permit a man who murdered three persons in an apartment in New York to plead guilty to a murder in the second degree. It notes that the criminal will not be condemned to death, but will only be sentenced to prison for life or for a term of...
- Prison safer, bandit finally starts term. // Advocate;4/25/73, Issue 110, p14
Reports on the detainment of convicted robber Stephen H. Garrett at Delaware Correction Center after a year of freedom in Delaware. Withdrawal of the objection of lawyer Stanley W. Balick regarding the prison sentence of Garrett; Guilty plea of Garrett on the charges filed against him; Prison...
- Haulier jailed for false tacho records. // Commercial Motor;4/3/2008, Vol. 207 Issue 5274, p13
The article reports that M&M Howden director Mark Howden was sentenced to 15 months in prison. Howden was given the sentence after pleading guilty to 250 counts of falsifying the records, as well two other counts of conspiracy to falsify records. Twenty-two other drivers who worked for the firm...