- United plays it straight. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;2/11/2002, Issue 2500, p32
Reports on the superstores opened by United Co-op Travel Group. Location of the stores; Concept of United on the stores; Features of the stores.
- United Co-op plans for euro. Huxley, Lucy // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;9/23/2002, Issue 2532, p5
Describes the plans of travel agent United Co-op Travel to test a range of financial initiatives to replace foreign exchange sales before the introduction of the euro.
- Boost for United Co-op. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;5/19/2003, Issue 1668, p72
Reports on the increase in the turnover of United Co-op Group's travel businesses in 2002.
- United Co-op aims to break Â£400m barrier. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/11/2002, Issue 2504, p6
Reports the financial condition of United Co-Op as of March 2002. Sales performance of the travel company; Discussion on the acquisition made by the travel company.
- United rewards its agents. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;6/2/2003, Issue 2566, p4
Reports that several travel agents received business achievement awards from the United Co-op in Great Britain. Estimated number of agents who received awards.
- United Co-op to seek ATOL? // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;8/26/2002, Issue 2528, p3
Reports that United Co-op Travel is considering applying for an ATOL so that it can package no-frills flights with accommodation to avoid the risks associated with split contracting. Unprotected flight and hotel elements sold using separate contracts; Sale of separate holiday elements as...
- Aim is to put customer in touch with expert agents. Huxley, Lucy // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;8/26/2002, Issue 2528, p8
Focuses on United Co-op Travel's overall business strategy in relation to customer-travel agent relationships. Need for agents to provide value-added services; Goal of the company to migrate into areas where it is easy to add value because customers are less knowledgeable in the travel industry.
- Superstores expected to provide 10pc of turnover. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;8/26/2002, Issue 2528, p8
Reports that about 10 percent of United Co-op Travel's turnover will be generated by superstores out-of-town retail parks in Great Britain.
- Staff turnover 'only 20 pc' // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;8/26/2002, Issue 2528, p8
Reports that staff turnover at United Co-op Travel has been reduced to less than 20 percent with the help of its Reform Group.