College Instructional Materials Sales Improve
- U.S. College Sales Up 5.4% In 2001, 2002 Should Look The Same. // Educational Marketer;2/11/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p4
Reports on the growth of gross and net sales of instructional materials to U.S. colleges in 2001.
- Electronic teacher links far-flung classrooms. Scott, David // Popular Science;Feb82, Vol. 220 Issue 2, p60
The article evaluates the Cyclops, an audio-visual teaching aids developed by Open University in Milton Keynes, England.
- Virginia takes the high(way) road. // Academe;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p4
Reports on Virginia colleges turning to the information superhighway for teaching purposes. Changes in the existing system; Response of students and teachers.
- Net College Sales Flat in July, Up 2.1% in First Seven Months. // Educational Marketer;9/18/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 27, p4
The article reports on a $908.4 million decrease in gross sales of college instructional materials in the U.S., based from the latest sales report from the Association of American Publishers. The 3.7% decline maintained the July 2006 net sales. However, year-to-date returns rose to 7.3% within...
- College Materials Sales Plummet in February. // Educational Marketer;4/25/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p5
The article reports on the decline of sales for college materials in February 2011 in the U.S. It mentions that the decline has reflected a challenging market due to decline in college enrollment. It states that the rental programs for textbooks may have some impact on the sales decline. A chart...
- Though First-Half College Sales Were Flat, Publishers Are Upbeat About Growth for Full Year. // Educational Marketer;8/11/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the concern of educational publishers on the sales of instructional materials to colleges in the U.S. Percentage of projected growth for the educational materials industry; Combination of front lists and technology wrap-arounds to textbooks; Sales of materials for the second semester...
- College Textbook Return Growth Rate Slows in July, Clips Net Sales. // Educational Marketer;9/22/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 27, p6
Provides information on the decline in college textbook return growth rate in July 2003. Net incurred by the U.S. college instructional material publishers in July of the same year; Gross sales generated by the publishers for the month of September 2003; Average of the ratio of returns to gross...
- TSA and Standards-Based Learning Through TECH -know. Taylor, Jerianne S.; Peterson, Richard E.; Ernst, Jeremy // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Apr2005, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p19
Focuses on the development of a standards-based instructional materials for 20 Technology Student Association activities by the National Science Foundation in the U.S. Collaboration between selected state departments, universities and businesses; Development of high quality standards-based units...
- DIFFICULTIES THAT A NOVICE ONLINE INSTRUCTOR FACED. Hee Jun Choi; Ji-Hye Park // Quarterly Review of Distance Education;Fall2006, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p317
The article presents a case study which explores the difficulties faced by a novice online instructor. The study delineates the first online teaching experience of an instructor at a big university in the Midwestern U.S. The study finds that online teaching generated some challenges for the...