Vivendi to Sell Houghton Mifflin to Pay Debt?
- Sale Plans Won't Settle HM's Long Term Fate. // Book Publishing Report;11/4/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p2
Reports that Vivendi Universal plans to sell its Houghton Mifflin publishing unit. Implication of the planned sale on the business operations and survival of the publishing company.
- VIVENDI U CLIMBS. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;7/2/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 21, p5
Reports the plan of Vivendi Universal in reducing capital stocks in the United States. Advantages of its capital reduction; Purchase proposal of Vivendi on Houghton Mifflin; Significance of the HartScott-Rodino Antitrust Act on the purchase of publicly traded Mifflin.
- Speculation Mounts over Houghton Mifflin's Future. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/15/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 28, p10
Focuses on the growing speculation over a potential divestiture of Houghton Mifflin (HM) Inc. by Vivendi. Problems facing companies that will acquire HM; Potential candidates for the HM acquisition.
- Houghton Mifflin In Early Sale Talks. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/28/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 22, p21
Reports on the speculations that Houghton Mifflin and Vivendi Universal are in preliminary negotiations for a possible business deal. Financial performance of Houghton Mifflin for year 2000; Views of analysts.
- Houghton Mifflin And WebCT Announce Alliance For College Mkt. // Educational Marketer;07/10/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p9
Reports on the partnership of higher education publisher Houghton Mifflin Co. with WebCT to deliver its college textbooks and materials through the course management software of WebCT.
- Synergy, Adoptions and Acquisitions Suggested as Possible Growth Drivers for Houghton Mifflin. // Educational Marketer;1/20/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the growth strategy for Houghton Mifflin Co. in the U.S. Market share of the educational publisher; Product development and distribution partnership with Thomas H. Lee's portfolio units; Pursuit of opportunities on the K-12 textbook adoption circuit.
- Vivendi's Purchase of Houghton Mifflin Will Make It One Of Top Four Companies In U.S. Education Market. // Electronic Education Report;06/06/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p1
Reports the acquisition of Houghton Mifflin by Vivendi Universal Publishing in the United States. Expansion of the publishing industries overseas; Completion of agreements and approval of the regulation; Conglomeration of textbook and supplemental educational market.
- Vivendi Universal Begins Integration Of Houghton Mifflin Into Its Fold. // Electronic Education Report;8/15/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p4
Reports on Vivendi Universal's integration of United States publishing house Houghton Mifflin into its wholly owned indirect subsidiary.
- Acquisition Group Says No Changes Planned For Houghton Mifflin, but Analysts See Synergy. // Electronic Education Report;1/17/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p1
Presents speculations on changes that will result from the acquisition of Houghton Mifflin from Vivendi Universal by a consortium of investment firms.