Learn How to Make Ed. Reform Work for You
- Making Federal Education Reform Work for You. // Electronic Education Report;7/19/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 13, p6
Reports on the impact of federal education reform on the kindergarten to high school educational publishing industry in the U.S. Publishing of textbooks and electronic instructional materials; Top Retail home education software in the country; Federal regulation of instructional materials.
- Publishers Probe Text Warehouses After Scandals. Rothman, Robert // Education Week;10/12/1988, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the appeal of textbook publishers for a reform in the book depository system in the U.S. The old system is that 15 states are required to store the textbooks in a central location before they are distributed to school districts. The use of private facilities eases shipping...
- Patience Counts. D'Orio, Wayne // District Administration;May2004, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p7
Focuses on the articles published in the journal "District Administration" aimed at school leaders. Responsibility of administrators in the fight against child obesity and in the establishment of district-wide fiber optics network; Implementation of change in various schools aimed at improving...
- E.D. Holds Forum On Textbook Reform. // Education Week;8/22/1984, Vol. 3 Issue 39/40, p18
The article reports on the meeting organized by the U.S. Department of Education to set an agenda for improving instructional materials. This gathering aims to decide what groups involved in the production, selection and use of textbooks should be responsible for changing facets of the process....
- The Common Core Ate My Baby. Shanahan, Timothy // Educational Leadership;Dec2012/Jan2013, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p10
The author discusses the U.S. educational framework the Common Core State Standards (CCSS), which have been adopted by 46 states in 2012, and covers what he considers misconceptions teachers have about the CCSS. Issues such as reading comprehension, incorporation of prior knowledge, and phonics...
- News Briefs... // Educational Marketer;09/20/99, Vol. 30 Issue 27, p8
Presents news briefs related to the educational publishing industry as of September 20, 1999.
- News Briefs. // Educational Marketer;11/15/99, Vol. 30 Issue 33, p7
Presents news briefs related to the educational publishing industry as of November 15, 1999.
- News Briefs. . . // Educational Marketer;3/10/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p8
Presents news briefs related to the educational publishing industry in the U.S. recent as of March 2003.
- AAP Changes Monthly Sales Reports, Adds K-12 Supplement. // Educational Marketer;3/31/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p4
Reports that the Association of American Publishers School Division has changed its process of reporting monthly sales results.