In Digital Age, Textbooks Have Become A Multimedia Package for Higher Education
- Value Chain Adjustments in Educational Publishing. Tian, Xuemei; Martin, Bill // Publishing Research Quarterly;Mar2013, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p12
This paper looks at at the impacts and implications of new technology for educational publishing in the context of major growth in e-Learning. Although it acknowledges the continuing influence of textbooks both on how emerging technologies will drive changes to courses and the pace at which...
- Incorporation of student portfolios in the TQM classroom. Zahn, Susan Brown; Rajkumar, T.M. // International Journal of Instructional Media;1996, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p327
Describes the use of student portfolio as an assessment instrument in an interdisciplinary multimedia development course. Total quality management (TQM) principles as guide; TQM concepts in higher education; Description of an interdisciplinary multimedia development course; Role of the student...
- Newsplex. // Poptronics;Sep2001, Vol. 2 Issue 9, p16
Reports on the construction of the Newsplex micro-newsroom at College of Journalism and Mass Communications of the University of South Carolina. Development of technological and organizational innovations needed for a full-sized operations yet scaled to support a single multi-media story team...
- '95 Summer Institute accepting applications. // T H E Journal;Oct94, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p34
Presents information on the 1995 Summer Multimedia Institute of the Center for Educational Computing Initiatives at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Activities at the seminar; Materials and devices; Contact information.
- Research on the Multimedia Teaching in Chinese Universities. Li Yajuan // Advanced Materials Research;2014, Vol. 971-973, p2621
Multimedia technology integration is becoming a core part in the development of teaching. Multimedia teaching adapts to the needs of the higher education, and realizes threedimensional teaching process. But we find that there are some problems in multimedia teaching in practice, such as...
- STUDENTS' MATHEMATICAL REASONING IN UNIVERSITY TEXTBOOK EXERCISES. Lithner, Johan // Educational Studies in Mathematics;2003, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p29
Video recordings of three undergraduate students' textbook-based homework are analysed. A focus is on the ways their exercise reasoning is mathematically well-founded or superficial. Most strategy choices and implementations are carried out without considering the intrinsic mathematical...
- READINGS IN AMERICAN ECONOMIC HISTORY. Hacker, Louis M.; Bruchey, Stuart; Williamson, Harold F.; Parker, William N. // American Economist;Fall66, Vol. 10 Issue 2
Lists recommended readings in American economic history for various universities in the United States, as of September 1966.
- Penny Pinching 101. // Community College Week;2/17/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p9
Focuses on the problem of college students in acquiring textbooks for their classes in the U.S. Results of surveys on the attitude of students toward textbooks; Costs of textbooks; Impact of television and the Internet on college education.
- Textbooks Go Online. // T H E Journal;Feb2001, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p14
Focuses on the publication and distribution of digital textbooks for the higher education market in the United States. Opportunity to view education titles online with password-protected access; Integration of the titles into course management technology systems; Value of interactive technology...