CEO to Push Houghton Mifflin to Internet
- Gieskes Resigns from Houghton Mifflin. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/7/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 27, p14
Reports on the resignation of Hans Gieskes, president and chief executive officer of Houghton Mifflin as of July 7, 2003. Career background of Gieskes; Criticism on Gieskes' lack of background in educational publishing; Highlight of his career with Houghton Mifflin.
- Gieskes Tabbed CEO of HM. // Publishers Weekly;6/17/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 24, p9
Announces that Hans Gieskes was named chief executive officer of Houghton Mifflin by Vivendi Universal Publishing in June 2002. Predecessor of Gieskes; Career highlights.
- New Houghton Mifflin CEO to Push Internet. // Electronic Education Report;06/21/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p2
Reports the appointment of Hans Gieske to the position of chief executive officer for Houghton Mifflin in the U.S. Job responsibilities; Career history; Achievements and accomplishments.
- Houghton Mifflin And WebCT Announce Alliance For College Mkt. // Educational Marketer;07/10/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p9
Reports on the partnership of higher education publisher Houghton Mifflin Co. with WebCT to deliver its college textbooks and materials through the course management software of WebCT.
- Synergy, Adoptions and Acquisitions Suggested as Possible Growth Drivers for Houghton Mifflin. // Educational Marketer;1/20/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the growth strategy for Houghton Mifflin Co. in the U.S. Market share of the educational publisher; Product development and distribution partnership with Thomas H. Lee's portfolio units; Pursuit of opportunities on the K-12 textbook adoption circuit.
- Houghton Mifflin is Close to Naming New CEO; Harcourt's Tony Lucki Said to Have Inside Track. // Educational Marketer;7/7/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the negotiation between Houghton Mifflin and Tony Lucki concerning the chief executive job position in the U.S. Duration of the negotiations; Appointment of executive vice president Sylvia Metayer as interim chief executive; Career highlights of Lucki.
- Lucki Signs on with Houghton Mifflin in Three-Year Contract. // Educational Marketer;10/6/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 28, p5
Reports on the appointment of Anthony Lucki as president and chief executive officer of Houghton Mifflin Co. in Boston, Massachusetts. Eligibility of Lucki for annual bonuses; Worth of starting bonus received by Lucki; Career history of Lucki.
- Vivendi to Sell Houghton Mifflin to Pay Debt? // Educational Marketer;7/15/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 21, p4
Examines whether Vivendi Universal SA will sell educational publishing subsidiary Houghton Mifflin Co. to pay debts. Anti-trust issues; Crossovers in textbooks.
- California Reading Adoption: Houghton Is Popular, But More Sales for All Are Still to Come. // Educational Marketer;10/14/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p1
Reports on Houghton Mifflin and McGraw-Hill's sales performance in the California K-8 reading adoption as of October 14, 2002.