McGraw-Hill Captures Texas Science Adoption, Though Reception is Cool for its E-Book
- Market Dynamics of 2003 Will Continue To Shape K-12 & College Industries in a Challenging 2004. // Educational Marketer;1/12/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p1
Presents forecasts for the U.S. educational publishing industry for 2004. Forecast for college publishing; Budget cuts for textbook purchases in Texas; Efforts of the federal government to make teaching methodologies and materials effective at improving student performance; Reorganization of...
- Recent McGraw-Hill Divestiture Could Be First Of Many. // Educational Marketer;01/03/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p5
Deals with McGraw-Hill's sale of digital printing centers to New Jersey-based Cunningham Graphics International.
- McGraw-Hill Beats Expectations for 2002; Education Revenue Grew 1.5%. // Electronic Education Report;2/14/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p6
Reports that educational publisher McGraw-Hill Co. beat industry expectations for its 2002 fourth-quarter revenue.
- McGraw-Hill Programs Dominate Approved Textbook List In California's K-8 Reading Adoption. // Educational Marketer;2/4/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p1
Presents information on the approved textbooks on sale for the California reading adoption including books from McGraw-Hill, Houghton Mifflin and Pearson Education.
- McGraw-Hill Exits Supplemental Retail Business, School Specialty To Buy Children's Publishing. // Educational Marketer;1/26/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p1
Reports on McGraw-Hill's sale of its Children's Publishing assets to School Specialty, a K-12 supplemental direct marketer in Greenville, Wisconsin. McGraw-Hill's plan to focus its sales efforts on the school market instead of retail; School Specialty's sources of funding for the acquisition;...
- Thomson Learning, McGraw-Hill Continue Battle Against Illegal Internet Sales Of Textbooks. // Educational Marketer;1/23/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p1
The article reports that educational publishers Thomson Learning and McGraw-Hill have decided to settle a pending trademark and copyright infringement case against Halfvalue Inc. Halfvalue and affiliates were charged with illegally importing and reselling foreign editions of textbooks from the...
- California Reading Adoption: Houghton Is Popular, But More Sales for All Are Still to Come. // Educational Marketer;10/14/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p1
Reports on Houghton Mifflin and McGraw-Hill's sales performance in the California K-8 reading adoption as of October 14, 2002.
- What's in a Name? McGraw-Hill Decides to Revisit its Branding. // Educational Marketer;11/18/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p2
Focuses on the red and white logo of U.S. educational publisher McGraw-Hill.
- Q1 Softness, Tight-Fisted Schools Afflict McGraw-Hill's K-12 Growth. // Educational Marketer;5/5/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 13, p7
Focuses on the performance of the K-12 educational publishing business of McGraw-Hill Co. for the first quarter of 2003 in the U.S. Factors dampening the growth of the company's K-12 revenue; Positive effect of federal funding on the K-12 market; Increase in the total revenue generated by the...