- Distance education comes home. Ambler, Marjane // Tribal College Journal;Summer2004, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p8
Not that long ago,"distance education" for American Indian people meant boarding schools. Boarding schools left a tragic legacy that surfaces today in many American Indian people as physical and sexual abuse, alcohol and drug dependence, andï¿½ significantlyï¿½ generalized distrust of...
- Coordination and competition in postsecondary distance education. Epper, Rhonda Martin // Journal of Higher Education;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p551
Presents a study intended to provide a better understanding of the forces for coordination and competition in state systems of higher education, by examining state policies and structures for distance education. Methodology of the study; Data collection and analysis; Reference to case studies...
- More Than the Market. Smith, Mark F. // Academe;May/Jun2002, Vol. 88 Issue 3, p77
Examines several changes in higher education policies in the U.S. due to the potential distance education market. Information on the Higher Education Amendment of 1992 in the U.S.; Involvement of faculties in debates concerning distance education; Role of the U.S. Department of Education in the...
- Washington Update. Dervarics, Charles // Black Issues in Higher Education;07/22/99, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p8
Presents news briefs related to higher education in the United States (US). Issues on a proposed guideline for standardized tests from the Office for Civil Rights at the US Department of Education; Legislative proposal about tuition benefits for District of Columbia students; Revisions in...
- ON THE HORIZON. Schaffer, Scott P.; Leigh, Doug // Quarterly Review of Distance Education;Spring2004, Vol. 5 Issue 1, preceding p1
Introduces a series of articles on future trends in distance education in the U.S.
- Education poised to go the 'distance'. SMITH, G. MICK // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;10/26/98, Vol. 102 Issue 43, p3
Provides an overview on distance education in the United States. Definition of distance education; Benefits of distance education to members of the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters Society (CPCU); Findings of a research comparing distance education to traditional face-to-face instruction.
- FUEL FOR THE FUTURE. Dunn, Samuel L. // USA Today Magazine;Jan2001, Vol. 129 Issue 2668, p28
Focuses on education in the United States (U.S.). Amount of money spent by the U.S. government on education each year; Changes in the access to education such as distance education; Forecast on the impact of digital revolution on education.
- THE UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA. // Broadcasting & Cable;
In January 1785 â€” two years after the Revolutionary War ended and four years before U.S. President George Washington's first inauguration â€” the Georgia legislature adopted the charter that created the University of Georgia. In founding the U.S. first state university, the...
- Profiles. // American School & University;Feb2010, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p50
The article presents information on several developments related to education. Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, announced further cuts to maintain its budget. The Broad Center for the Management of School Systems, U.S., has declared the list of candidates for its executive management...