Harcourt's Trophies Shines in 2002 Florida Reading Adoption that Focuses on Phonics
- Ä°LKÃ–ÄžRETÄ°M SEKÄ°ZÄ°NCÄ° SINIF DÄ°NLEME METÄ°NLERÄ°NÄ°N Ã‡EÅžÄ°TLÄ° DEÄžÄ°ÅžKENLER AÃ‡ISINDAN Ä°NCELENMESÄ°. GÜNDOĞDU, Ayşe Eda // Electronic Turkish Studies;Winter2011, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p1217
Today, in spite of the changing concept of education, the textbooks keep the major function as a lesson material. Compared to other lessons materials, the textbooks of Turkish lesson have a special importance about being the first written products in mother tongue education process. In this...
- Teaching Multimodality in Greek Elementary School Language Arts. Fterniati, Anna // International Journal of Learning;2009, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p299
The digital era requires new approaches to the development of literacy through multimodal media of communication. It also requires a rethinking of the ways that research data can be used in the teaching practice, so as to support the students' efforts to enhance multimodal communication skills....
- Literacy Pedagogy and Multiliteracies in Greek Elementary School Language Arts. Fterniati, Anna // International Journal of Learning;2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p319
In recent years, language teaching has clearly taken on a social orientation (literacy pedagogy), keeping in line with contemporary social developments in today's globalised world (multiliteracies). A basic term introduced by multiliteracies theory is that of Design, a term that comes to replace...
- Bluff Elementary earns special recognition. // Navajo Times;3/19/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 11, pC2
The article announces that Bluff Elementary School based in Bluff, Utah has received the award based on the No Child Left Behind law for language arts and mathematics scores.
- Mississippi's 2003 Adopted Reading Textbooks, Grades K-8. // Educational Marketer;2/10/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p3
Lists the adopted reading textbooks for elementary schools in Mississippi.
- Schoolbooks in the Making: From Conflict to Peace. Adwan, Sami // Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture;2001, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p57
Presents a critical analysis of the latest Palestinian textbooks for elementary students. Purpose of changing curriculum of the textbook; Conditions for the implementation of the curriculum; Factors in analyzing the textbooks.
- Read (and Write) All About It! Brountas, Maria; Remsen, Nancy // Teaching Pre K-8;May90, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p50
Explains the use of the publication process in the whole language teaching approach for school children. Suggestion to get acquainted with how the publishing world works; Process of formal introduction of the unit; Techniques for the newspaper structure.
- Establishment of a Checklist and the Investigation of Operational Situation for Elementary School Textbook Selection in Taiwan. Kwang-Jen Lai // Journal of Textbook Research;Apr2013, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p1
This study, devoted to establishing a checklist for textbook selection, consisted of three dimensions, including formulating selection regulations, organizations and members, and selection procedures. The checklist was employed to investigate the operational status of textbook selection for...
- Trade books' Historical Representation of Eleanor Roosevelt, Rosa Parks, and Helen Keller. Bickford III, John H.; Rich, Cynthia W. // Social Studies Research & Practice;Spring2014, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p18
Common Core State Standards Initiative mandates increased readings of informational texts within English Language Arts starting in elementary school. Accurate, age-appropriate, and engaging content is at the center of effective social studies teaching. Textbooks and children's literature-both...