Bonds Help Pave the Way for Kansas Roads' Lofty Ranking
- Road work ahead. Woy, Joann // Country Journal;May/Jun98, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p34
Discusses the design and building techniques for a quality road and driveway. Reminder before beginning road work; Planning a country road; Removal of topsoil; Grading, cutting and filling. INSET: How much will it cost?.
- ARKANSAS: Tolls for Who? Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31318, p29
Reports on the opposition imposed on the proposal of some U.S. lawmakers and transportation officials by Metroplan, an advisory council of central Arkansas government. Proposal to build toll roads; Suggestions given by highway officials for financing the highway construction.
- State Budgets: Governors Slam Reductions in Highway Construction Funds. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/26/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31332, p5
Reports that state governors in the U.S. want the government to allow use of the federal highway trust fund in order to restore the 27% reduction in highway construction funds that President George W. Bush proposed in the fiscal 2003 budget. Details regarding budgetary shortfalls being faced by...
- State and Local Finance: GOP Congressman Predicts $8.5 Billion Highway Funding Cut Will Not Stand. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31333, p4
Reports that the U.S. Congress might restore some of the proposed cut in highway construction funding. Proposed funding for highway construction in the 2003 spending plan; Alternate plan sponsored by the House members and Senators to raise funding for the project; Reason for the shortage of...
- Expected Delay in Federal Road Funding Leads Iowa to Market. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/24/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31477, p36
Reports the plan of the government to issue a revenue anticipation notes for the road construction funding in Iowa. Maturity date of the highway funds; Total finance needed for the project; Use of lump sum payment for the funding.
- Task Force to Fight Decision Allowing Georgia Toll Agency's $822M Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/24/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31477, p36
Reports the plan of Georgia State Road and Tollway Authority to sell $822 million of Garvee-like debt. Opposition of the Task Force on the plan; Continuation of the road construction; View of the community on the plan.
- Rhode Island's Bad Roads, Bridges Could Help Transportation Ballot. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/22/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31496, p4
Reports on the survey of bridges and roads by the Road Information Program in Rhode Island. Promotion of the transportation bond referendum by the survey; Identification of deficient and in poor condition bridges and roads; List of federal projects.
- English road opponents turn to direct action Leech, Claire // Alternatives Journal;Jul/Aug1996, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p7
No abstract available.
- Safety versus environment. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/8/95, Vol. 234 Issue 18, p21
Reports on the expected resolution of a highway widening dispute at the Florida Keys between proponents of safety and environment. Plans for road widening by the Department of Transportation; Concern of the Corps of Engineer over the increasing stress on the ecosystem; Fears of attracting...
- LI gets first HOV lane. Jochum, Glenn // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/30/94, Vol. 41 Issue 22, p1
Reports that Long Island's first high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes have opened on Long Island's major roads. Possible additional HOV lanes; Advantages of the HOV.