TENNESSEE: No Consensus
- Most Bond Bills Put On Hold For This Year. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;9/25/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31230, p1
Reports the delay of the approval of bond related federal legislation in the United States. Difficulty in building consensus in Congress following the terrorist attacks; Decision of the congressional leaders to end the session with noncontroversial agenda; Measures to protect tax exempt public...
- International Regimes and the Legitimacy of Rules: A Discourse-Ethical Approach. Ellis, Jaye // Alternatives: Global, Local, Political;Jul-Sep2002, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p273
Addresses the discourse-ethical approach of international regimes and the legitimacy of rules. Absence of a value consensus capable of undergirding a true sense of community at the international level; Charges of utopianism and idealism; Existence of fundamental disagreements regarding values...
- A New Consensus On Housing. Reid, Bob // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the increase rate of consensus on housing needs in the U.S. Analysis of the 1999 American Housing Survey data; Number of working families with critical housing needs; Efforts of the government to address the critical housing needs of American families.
- Census Catalog and Guide 1985. // Marketing News;11/22/1985, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p22
The article announces the availability of the book "Consensus Catalog and Guide 1985," from the Bureau of the Consensus of the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- A new European consensus: Reality or illusion? Hatheway, Jay // Harvard International Review;Summer90, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p28
Discusses the prospects for a philosophical-ideological consensus in Europe. Historical antecedents to the present ideological and philosophical turmoil; Impact of the Enlightenment; Future of ideological consensus.
- Case Study: Public Consensus Building on the Internet. Park, Hyun Soon // CyberPsychology & Behavior;Jun2002, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p233
Many groups or organizations advocating different special interests or policies now promote and conduct grassroots movements online through their own web sites. On the basic assumption that collective activities on the Internet are another form of social phenomenon, the process of public...
- Attention to the public helps build project consensus. Van Gorp, Patricia // American City & County;Sep93, Vol. 108 Issue 10, p98
Discusses the Systematic Development of Informed Consent (SDIC) strategy to develop consent for acceptance of a course of action among people who do not agree. Development by Hans and Annemaire Bleiker of the Institute of Participatory Management and Planning; Six actions in the SDIC...
- Membership meeting fails to get consensus. NORTON, TIMMY // Eastern Door;4/25/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p13
The article reports that the Community Decision Making Process (CDMP) that is attempting to amend that Kanien'kehaka Custom Code has failed to reach a consensus in Kahnawake, Quebec.
- consensus. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p512
A definition of the term "consensus," which refers to an agreement, is presented.