FLORIDA: Growing and Growing
- Lincoln County Tops South Dakota in Population Growth Rate. // South Dakota Business Review;Mar2008, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p11
The article states that Lincoln County leads South Dakota in population growth rate with 5.7% increase from 2006 to 2007, making it the state's fastest growing county, according to population estimates by the U.S. Census Bureau released on March 14, 2008. Percentage of change and numerical...
- Arizona back to No. 2 fastest growing state. // Inside Tucson Business;12/31/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 29, p3
The article focuses on the decrease in the population growth-rate in Arizona. Census data estimates the state's population grew by 2.8 percent in the 12 months ending July 1, 2007 down from 3.6 percent in the previous year. The author also compares the population growth rate of Arizona and...
- Background Note: Cambodia. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Cambodia;Dec2007, p1
The publication presents information on Cambodia. Facts and figures as of 2007 describing its geography, population, terrain and weather are summarized. Climate is tropical with rainy and dry seasons. Its government type is multiparty democracy under a constitutional monarchy. Its branches are...
- PROFILE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: State of Eritrea;Apr2008, p1
The article profiles the African country Eritrea. The country has a total land area of 125,000 square kilometers, which is about the size of Pennsylvania. As of 2004, it has an estimated population of 3.6 million people, with an annual growth rate of 2.5%. The country has attained its...
- Population: How high will it reach? // Graham Leader;7/5/2009, Vol. 133 Issue 93, p4A
The article focuses on the growth rate of population in Texas since it has become a state. The population of the state has more than doubled in the past 25 years and it is expected to increase in the future also. The variation in growth rate among different states of the U.S. shows that some...
- PROFILE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Chile;Dec2005, p1
The article provides information on Chile. The Chilean population reached 15.1 million in 2003. The annual real economic growth rate of Chile is 6.1 percent. More than half of the population resides in urban areas.
- Background Note: Djibouti. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Djibouti;Mar2005, p1
Presents information on the African country Djibouti. Official name of the country; Total land area; Annual growth rate of the country's population; Ethnic groups.
- PEOPLE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Dominica;Aug2005, p2
Provides information on the people in Dominica. Reason for the low population growth rate in the country; Official language in the country; Proportion of Catholics in the country.
- PROFILE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Ecuador;Aug2004, p1
Provides information on Ecuador. Description of land area and climate; Annual population growth rate; Form of government.