California PUC Working Up Plan to Reimburse DWR for Power Purchases
- Direct Access Dumped by California Utilities Commission. // Energy User News;Nov2001, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p1
Reports the suspension of the consumer's direct access to independent power retailers by the California Public Utilities Commission. Failure of the plan to deregulate the electricity industry; Plan of the state's government to tap revenue from retail power sales to fund a bond issue.
- California abandons retail choice. // Power Economics;Oct2001, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p5
Reports the suspension of retail choice by the Public Utilities Commission in California. Vote against direct access to independent power retailers by consumers; Concerns on other states on energy deregulations; Impact of the dismantling of the 1996 law on power regulation.
- Power Votes Postponed. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/6/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31218, p1
Reports that the California Public Utilities Commission has delayed voting on three orders necessary for the state to sell 12.5 billion dollars in power purchase revenue bonds. Structure of the bonds; Uses of the proceeds from the bond issue.
- California PUC Delays Vote Over Power Rate Agreement. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31229, p3
Reports the decision of Public Utilities Commission to delay vote over power rates agreement in Los Angeles, California. Rates charged by Department of Water Resources (DWR); Delay of capital from the power revenue bonds; Allocation of current rates between utilities and the DWR.
- California PUC Won't Void Direct Access Contracts. // Energy User News;May2002, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p1
Reports the decision of Public Utilities Commission (PUC) to allow large companies to retain direct-access contracts with energy providers in California. Qualifications of companies under the ruling; Policy for companies continuing to use direct access; Initiative of PUC to the recovery of...
- PUC powers up reliability plan for power users. // San Diego Business Journal;02/02/98, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p12
Reports that the California Public Utilities Commission (PUC) has instituted an Electricity Reliability Program to help utilities and consumers deal with prolonged power outages. Provision of tips on how to prevent power outages and restore power quickly should an outage occur; Discussion of...
- Hospitals Trapped By Rate Hikes. Webb, Marion // San Diego Business Journal;08/28/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p1
Reports that the California Public Utilities Commission has refused to insulate hospitals from rising electricity costs. Increase in the utility bills of San Diego hospitals; Children's Hospital; Sharp Health Care; Electricity provider of Scripps Health and Kaiser Permanente.
- California PUC Holds Up Two Issues Deemed Vital to DWR Bond Sale. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31320, p3
Reports that the California Public Utilities Commission is expected to postpone voting on two issues which are vital to the sale of bonds of California Department of Water Resources (DWR). Postponement of the request of DWR for $10 billion revenue from ratepayers to pay for power acquired in...
- RFP for San Fran CREBs. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;5/4/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32622, p9
The article reports on the finalization on the request for proposals related to underwriting a $6.3 million clean renewable energy bond (CREB) deal by the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (PUC) in California. The CREBs will be used for the placement of solar panels on municipal...