Miami-Dade Schools Downgrade Highlights a Statewide Struggle
- Is recess needed? Chmelynski, Carol // Education Digest;Dec98, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p67
Discusses the need for school recesses and its implications for education. Value of recesses in terms of promoting the well-being of students; Scientific evidence that school children need physical recreation everyday; Examples of activities during school recess.
- The importance of having fun. Nelson, Todd R. // Christian Science Monitor;11/5/99, Vol. 91 Issue 239, p22
Offers the author's feelings and anecdote on recess and the importance of fun.
- Reviews. Lipman, Amanda // Sight & Sound;Jul2001, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p50
Reviews the motion picture `Recess School's Out,' directed by Chuck Sheetz.
- FRAC REACHES OUT TO PARENTS. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the outreach program launched by anti-hunger activists at Food Research and Action Center to encourage parents affected by the recession to check whether their children qualify for free or reduced-price meals at school. Questionnaires distributed by the group; Concerns of the group.
- Recess coaches hired to make play constructive, curb bullying. Marszalek, Diana // Bay Windows;10/6/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 43, Special section p6
The article focuses on the new trend of hiring recess coach or playtime professionals by American schools to use recess for offering a healthier physical experience to school children.
- College students and home visits. Carter, Wesley // Charlotte Post;3/1/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 25, p2B
The article provides an answer to a question on how to deal with a son, a freshman in college, who comes home for long weekends and school breaks but spends most of his time sleeping or out with friends.
- STICKY SITUATION. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;3/3/2014, Vol. 82 Issue 16, p7
The article presents a sticky situation wherein Ryan, who is choosing players for his team for a kickball game at recess, is considering to pick his classmate Paul, who is always last to be picked as he is not very good.
- Schools adjust as downturn affects families. Deller, Martha // Fort Worth Business Press;9/17/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 37, Special section p4
The article offers information on the increase in tuition fees charged by private schools of Tarrant County, Texas due to the impact of recession.
- Drivers of Change in Business Schools. // BizEd;Mar/Apr2002, p6
Focuses on the impact of economic recession on business schools. Factors contributing to the changes in the academic world; Functions of business organizations; Possibility of conducting business activity.