- Moody's First-Ever Rating of a State Intercept Program is A1. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/17/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31020, p6
Reports the general obligation bond rating of the state intercept program by Moody's Investors Service Inc. in Virginia. Details on the state intercept program; Effects of the programmatic rating on lower-rated localities; Association of the bond rating with the credit-worthiness of the state.
- THE BOND BUYER NEW-ISSUE CALENDAR. // Bond Buyer;9/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32218, p8
Presents a chart depicting the competitive bond offerings of the local government in the U.S. Name of issuer; Time of sale; Financial adviser; Legal opinion; Bond ratings.
- Utah Sets Rare $1B GO Deal. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/15/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33183, p1
The article reports on the issuance of a 1.04 billion U.S. dollar worth of general obligation (GO) bonds in 2009 in Utah. It states that GO bonds from the state attract investor interest due to their triple-A ratings. The issue is taxable, with 730 U.S. million dollars of Build America Bonds and...
- N.Y. Comptroller's Stress List and Bond Ratings Differ. SLAVIN, ROBERT // Bond Buyer;7/1/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33937, p6
The article focuses on a warning issued by Thomas DiNapoli, Comptroller of New York State regarding the fiscal conditions and bond ratings of the local governments on June 18, 2013. It discusses the methodology adopted by DiNapoli's office for rating the state's cities, towns, villages and...
- A1 for Kittery. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;7/31/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32434, p33
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service upgraded its bond and credit rating on the town of Kittery, Maine prior to the competitive sale of general obligation bonds. The ratings upgrade is attributed to fiscal management with strong reserves, a growing tax base, tax-exempt property,...
- Dauphin County, Pa., Refunding $40 Million, With Swaptions in the Pipeline. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;4/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31866, p32
Reports on the plans of the local government to refund general obligation notes and bonds in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania. Reason for the refunding of notes and bonds; Tranches of the refunding; Credit ratings of the bonds.
- Moody's Sees More Tax-Backed Credit Upgrades Than Downgrades in '04. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31930, p6
Reports on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s release of a study showing improvements in the creditworthiness of local governments in the U.S. Tax-backed ratings for local government-issued bonds; Ratings upgrades issued by Moody's in the second quarter of 2004.
- N.J.'s Essex County Deals Lead Recent State Approvals. // Bond Buyer;4/18/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32113, p34
Reports on the deals recently approved by the state's Local Finance Board in New Jersey. Sale of general obligation bonds; Reduction in the use of reserves to cover operating costs; Refunding of the 1997 and 1999 debt sold for the Newark Bears' stadium.
- Fitch Rates U.S. Virgin Islands BBB-Minus. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/18/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32489, p6
The article reports on the ratings of Fitch Ratings Inc. for the general obligation (GO) bonds of the Virgin Islands of the U.S. The agency assigned a BBB-minus underlying rating with a stable outlook to the Caribbean territory's approximate $593 million of outstanding GO bonds. The bulk of the...