Liberalization Sought for Industrial Development Bonds
- Changes to Shelter Disclosure Regs Prompt Calls for Muni Clarification. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;1/16/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31554, p6
Reports on the impact of changes to the U.S. Treasury Department's tax shelter disclosure regulations on companies' reporting requirements. Possibility of disclosing municipal bond transactions in reporting; Impact of disclosing municipal bond transactions on investors; Types of transactions...
- Final built-in gains tax regulations released. // CPA Journal;Mar1995, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p15
Reports on the Treasury Department's issuance of final built-in gains tax regulations. Provisions of IRS Sec. 1374; Valuation of inventory; Date of effectivity.
- TAX FLEXIBILITY FROM THE FEDS. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Dec2001, Vol. 158 Issue 12, p56
Announces a policy on taxation issued by the Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service in the United States. Redesignation of income tax overpayment as employment tax deposits; Impact of the taxation flexibility on tax flow; Use of the taxation flexibility on the recovery of...
- Offset Program Brings Millions. // Practical Accountant;Oct2002, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p16
Informs on the state return tax offsets from federal revenue for the first seven months of 2002, under the U.S. Treasury Department's Offset Program.
- Treasury Plans New 'Targeted' Tax-Inversion Crackdown. BILL PETERS // Investors Business Daily;11/18/2015, p00
The article offers information on the release of "targeted guidance" by the U.S. Treasury Department which aims to discourage so-called tax-inversion deals used by some U.S. businesses for relocating to lower-tax nations.
- The rest of the story. Schenk, Mike // Credit Union Magazine;Apr2001, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on a report released by the United States Treasury Department about the tax exemption of credit unions. Crude estimates of potential revenue if Congress removed the exemption; Failure of the Treasury to consider the effect on federal tax receipts of the higher dividend rates which...
- Don't fill out this phony tax form. Wollenberg, Yvonne Chilik // Medical Economics;6/21/2002, Vol. 79 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the warning of the U.S. Treasury Department not fill up fraudulent tax forms. Importance of informing the police department about the fraudulent tax forms; Contact numbers in reporting the fraudulent act.
- The IRS Mission. // Internal Revenue Bulletin;4/30/2012, Vol. 2012 Issue 18, preceding p866
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including the tax conventions, decisions of the U.S. Department of the Treasury and executive orders.
- DEDUCTION OR DISTRACTION? THE U.S. TREASURY'S STANCE ON OBESITY. Posey, Clyde L.; Morris, Edwin B. // CPA Journal;Jul2003, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p70
Presents information on Revenue Ruling 2002-19 of the U.S. Treasury, which deals with tax deductions for medical expenditures in obesity cases in the U.S. Prevalence of obesity in the country; Provisions of the ruling; Importance of the ruling.