S&P Lowers Kansas Outlook, Citing Financial, Political Situations
- Kansas. // Bond Buyer;02/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30828, p33S
Focuses on the economic conditions of Kansas. Projects funded by state authorities; Responsibilities of the authorities; State and local revenues; Data on total debt per capita; Comparison of employment growth between 1993 and 1998.
- GOING LEAN. Greenblatt, Alan // State Legislatures;Apr2010, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p24
The article discusses the budget shortfall in Kansas in 2010. Kansas Governor Mark Parkinson reportedly recommends to slash the 2.8- million-U.S. dollar operating budget. It cites that some lawmakers had bigger budgets in previous years and improved capital programs and cuts in operating...
- Robust Economy Eases Pressure to Raid the General Fund. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/30/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32350, special section p32
The article provides an overview of the fiscal condition of Kansas. The estimated general fund revenue of the state for 2006 is $5.158 billion and the income tax is expected to generate $2.513 billion. James Breeding of Standard and Poor's explains that the revenue projections reflect the...
- Kansas Revenues $47M Below Budget in January. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;2/4/2015, p21
The article offers information on the decline of the revenues of Kansas in January 2015, that is below the state's revenue officials' projection. The topics discussed include the plan of the state's Legislature to close its budget shortfall worth about $300 million, the attributing factors for...
- Brownback Cuts Education as Legislature Patches Budget Gap. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;2/6/2015, p25
The article reports that Kansas Governor Sam Brownback has ordered $44 million in budget cuts to K-12 public schools and higher education in Kansas. It states that Brownback ordered the budget cuts after the $46 million shortfall in revenue in January 2015. It mentions that the cuts came as...
- Kansas Revenues $12.7M Below Estimates in October. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/4/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F391, p1
Kansas collected $12.7 million less revenue than anticipated in October, continuing a trend that has forced the state to reduce spending.
- Grim and Bear It: A Bad Situation Gets Worse. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31322, p35A
Focuses on the economic condition of Kansas in the fiscal year 2002. Revenue deficits in the fiscal 2002; Commitments of the state that it must fund in the fiscal 2003; Impact of slump in the fiscal 2002 on 2003 budget.
- Small Business Start-Up Guide: Kansas. // Small Business Start-Up Guide: Kansas;2015, p1
The article presents a procedural guide to starting a new small business in Kansas. Overall economic conditions in the state are examined. U.S. and state agencies and private organizations which offer support and services for small business are discussed and contact information offered....
- Small Business Start-Up Guide: Kansas. // Small Business Start-Up Guide: Kansas;2011, p1
The article discusses conditions for small businesses in Kansas. Statistics are presented regarding Kansas's economic conditions and employment by small businesses. Resources for small businesses in Kansas, including materials offered by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), are...