Municipals Show Some Weakness; $261M Michigan Offering Priced
- Structural Instability in the Net Discount Rate Series Based on High Grade Municipal Bond Yields. Sen, Amit; Gelles, Gregory M.; Johnson, Walter D. // Journal of Legal Economics;Fall2002, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p87
Discusses the structural ability in the net discount rate series based on high grade municipal bond yields. Use of net discount rate to calculate the present value of future earnings's losses; Average difference between the nominal interest rate and the nominal rate of wage growth; Calculation...
- Munis Edge Up as Fed Signals End of Tightening. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/19/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32363, p2
The article reports on the condition of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of April 2006. This market became stable as investors decreased their interest rate expectations. Expectations declined with the release of the minutes from the most recent Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC)...
- Northeast Volume Little Changed in 2014. Coen, Andrew // Bond Buyer;2/22/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34463, p1
Municipal bond issuance volume in the Northeast was little changed in 2014, rising 1% from 2013 volume as issuers weighed low interest rates against their ongoing fiscal challenges.
- Munis Ride Refundings to Highest Volume Since 2010. Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;2/22/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34463, p1
Long-term municipal bond volume ended the year with the highest yearly issuance since 2010, thanks in large part to a blistering first half of the year that saw enormous refunding volume as issuers rushed to market to take advantage of near-record-low interest rates.
- The Market's Big Chill. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/8/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32107, p1
Reports on the effect of interest rates on the performance of municipal bond mutual fund in 2005 in Rochester, New York. Views of Dan Loughran, vice president and portfolio manager at Oppenheimer-Funds Inc., on bond prices; Percentage of increase in general obligation bonds during the first...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;11/10/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32008, p33
Presents statistics pertaining to the municipal bond market in the United States as of November 9, 2004. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal Market Data General Obligation Yields; Visible supply rises; New-issue balance; Reoffering yields; Merrill Lynch...
- Rising Stocks, Rate Fears Slow Growth of Muni SMAs. Briggs, Amanda // Bond Buyer;3/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31838, p6
Reports on the decline of separately managed accounts for municipal bonds in the U.S. Conversion of investors' assets to equities; Volatility of the economy; Assessment of the interest rates.
- MARKET INDEX. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1/19/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p24
Looks at the performance of the stock market in Grand Rapids, Michigan on January 14, 2004. Trading performance of companies; Market levels of municipal bond; Interest rates.
- MARKET INDEX. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/7/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p30
Presents graphs and charts on market index in Michigan. Stock performances from October 26 to November 2, 2005; Data on municipal bonds, interest rates and commodity prices.