Top Bond Insurers: All of 2001
- Top Bond Insurers: First Quarter 2002 . // Bond Buyer;4/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31355, p43
Presents a chart depicting the top bond insurers in the U.S. for the first quarter of 2002.
- S&P: Top Insurers Would Survive Worst-Case Scenario. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;7/18/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31430, p7
Focuses on the projection of Standard & Poor's about the top bond insurers in the U.S. Ability of the bond insurers to pay claims and maintain triple-A ratings; Capacity to meet policy obligations; Assumption of theoretical losses using the market conditions of the 1930s.
- S&P's State of the Industry. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;05/09/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30887, p1
Reports that bond insurers' depressed stock prices are not an accurate barometer of the state of the companies' business in the United States. Improvement of premium pricing, conservative underwriting and improved capital adequacy; Potential of the industry for international expansion.
- S&P Report: Bond Insurers Are Expanding Their Global Presence. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;09/12/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30973, p7
Reports that bond insurers in the United States are increasing their international presence, according to a report released by Standard & Poor's analyst David Veno. Increase in the par value of the international debt guaranteed by the major bond issuers; Global investors' demand for structured...
- Underwriters Report Increased Third-Quarter Earnings From '99. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;10/24/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31002, p7
Reports on the financial performance of municipal bond underwriting firms in the United States for the third quarter of 2000.
- Georgia Goes Negotiated, Picking Team to Price $614M. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/26/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33048, p3
The article reports on the selection of an underwriting team by Triple-A rated Georgia to sell a new-money general obligation bonds deal for the state. A request for proposals seeking underwriting firms to participate in the sale of $613.85 million of general obligation bonds was released. A...
- Taiwan: FSC to allow investments in yuan-denominated securities and bonds. // Asia Insurance Review;Sep2011, p47
The article reports on the consideration of the Financial Supervisory Commission (FSC) to permit insurers to invest in yuan-denominated bonds and securities issued in Hong Kong, China.
- Ambac, MBIA Scale Back Joint Venture. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;03/22/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30854, p2
Announces the joint venture of bond insurers MBIA Inc. and Ambac Financial Group Inc. in dissolving the international joint marketing and insurance arrangement. Efforts in marketing and origination of international financial guarantee insurance; Continuation of joint venture in Japan;...
- International Business Is Taking Up the Slack for Bond Insurers, S&P Says. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;06/01/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30903, p5
Indicates that bond insurers are seeing a rise in their international book of business despite a decline in insured domestic par volume in 1999. Data from a report by Standard & Poor's analyst David Veno; Growth prospect for international business; Growing global acceptance of the bond...