MICHIGAN: Light-Rail Survey
- Little engines that still can! Krajick, Kevin; Davidson, Cameron // Smithsonian;Jul98, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p73
Looks at short lines, or small segments of railroads that the large companies have abandoned, but which are still in use by private companies or local governments. Number of registered short lines in the United States in 1998; The importance of short lines as 40 percent of freight tonnage still...
- Tren Urbano RFP due in August. // Railway Age;Jul95, Vol. 196 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the slated construction of the Tren Urbano light rail line in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Significance of the line.
- Modern MTA. Sebastian-Coleman, George; Kelly, Jim // Model Railroader;Jan2000, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p56
Features the light rail vehicles operating on the Riverside Line.
- Massively Misguided Transit. Doherty, Brian // Reason;May2003, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p11
Reports on a light-rail line project in Madison, Wisconsin. Cost of the project; Benefits of light rail trains; Reason for the popularity of light rail with local governments; Information on the report of the organization Transport 2020.
- Add a little Aqua to your ride in Los Angeles? // Trains;Jul2012, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p9
The article reports on Los Angeles County, California's Metrorail light rail system on which the final 6.6 miles line to Santa Monica is under construction.
- HOUSTON METRO LIGHT RAIL SYSTEM. BOYLE, MARTIN F. // Railway Age;Oct2012, Vol. 213 Issue 10, p19
The article features Texas' Houston Metro Light Rail System, one of the successful projects representative of the fully integrated capabilities of architectural and engineering company STV.
- Historic railroad visits Western Maryland. // Travel Agent;7/25/94, Vol. 272 Issue 1, p42
Features the Western Maryland Scenic Railroad in Cumberland, Maryland.
- Tram finance confirmed. // International Construction;Jan1997, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the confirmation for the financing of the Croydon Tramlink project in England. Start of construction at the end of 1999; Design undertaken by Sir Robert McAlpine Ltd. and Amey Construction Ltd.; Completion of project in 2000.
- INTERNET POLL. // Free Press (Buda, TX);8/13/2008, Vol. 105 Issue 19, p4A
The article presents a poll question in Texas the light rail.