Trends in the Region: Two Counties in Indiana Feel Rust Belt's Hard Times
- Here's the plan: Salvage unused industrial sites. // Crain's Chicago Business;5/27/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p10
Editorial. Comments on the effects of the bankruptcy of steel industry on the economy of Chicago, Illinois. Decrease of quality of service and retrenchment of workers; Abandonment of industrial sites; Need to offer redevelopment incentives using local tax-increment financing.
- Steel Managers Prepare for Mergers. Willcox, Kathleen // Investment Management Weekly;12/17/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 50, p5
Focuses on the bankruptcy in the steel industry which led to the consolidation of several companies in the U.S.
- No no-brainer. // Crain's Cleveland Business;01/08/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p10
Editorial. Comments on the issue of whether Cleveland, Ohio-based steel producer LTV Corp. is worth saving. Filing of Chapter 11 bankruptcy; Role of poor management decisions and industry overcapacity in the fate of LTV; LTV's search for reorganization financing.
- LTV's problems started here at home. Thompson, Chris // Crain's Cleveland Business;01/08/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p10
Comments on the financial problems of Cleveland, Ohio steel producer LTV Corp. Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing; Share price; Roots of problems.
- CANADIAN STEELMAKER IVACO DECLARES BANKRUPTCY. // Forging;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the plan of Ivaco Inc. and several subsidiaries to file for bankruptcy in Ontario. Significance of the plan for the business; Announcement of Ivaco Inc. on the reorganization plans of the company; Statement of Paul Ivanier, president of Ivaco Inc.
- Good News, Bad News for Steel. // High Yield Report;10/05/98, Vol. 9 Issue 38, p1
Presents information on issues regarding the United States steel industry, during the week ended October 3, 1998. Bankruptcy of Acme Metals company; Plan of steel makers to file complaints with the US Department of Commerce and US International Trade Commission; Examples of problems faced by...
- Building a better world. Hunt, Margaret W. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Jan2002, Vol. 160 Issue 1, p6
Editorial. Determines possible measures to cope with the bankruptcy problem in the United States steel industry. Role of raw material manufacturers in the development of natural resources in the country; Impact of economic recession on the industry; Challenges which steelmakers must comply...
- LTV WANTS TO CLOSE; COURT TO CONSIDER SHUTDOWN, SALE. // 33 Metalproducing;Dec2001, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p6
Reports the petition for bankruptcy by LTV Corp. to the Federal Bankruptcy Court. Information on inaccessibility of adequate financing; Maintenance of the LTV Copperweld subsidiary; Need for the integrated steel unit to reduce wage and benefit costs.
- GS INDUSTRIES FILES...; KC DIV. WILL CLOSE. // 33 Metalproducing;Mar2001, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p12
Reports that United States-based steelmaker GS Industries has filed for federal creditor protection on February 7, 2001. Closure of its Kansas City, Missouri-based division, GST Steel; Company background; Factors leading to GS Industries' decision to file.